Teaching in Mauritius

Bonjour!
I am planning on moving to Mauritius in December/January with my husband and children. My husband is Mauritian. I am a teacher from Australia and I am wondering what the process is of trying to gain employment? I have contacted some international schools, 2 of which have asked for my CV. Are there forms I need to submit? Other things I need to do in preparation?

Many thanks friends,

Rachelle

Hello Rachelle,

Welcome onboard ^^

For what age group are you looking forward to teaching ?

For secondary, what they might ask is a PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate in Education) or any equivalent certification, reference for language level and your degree ofcourse. Teaching experience as well. At times, they do ask for some level of french language knowledge but it is not compulsory.

If they ask for your degree equivalence or recognition (just in case), you can do it here : http://www.tec.mu/recognition_equivalence

All the best,
Anoushka

Hello!
I am primary trained. My family is French/Seychellois so I do know French. I have lost it over the years not speaking enough of it but I am relearning it for myself now.
Any advice about schools for my own children? The schools seem very expensive!
Rachelle

In that case perhaps, your qualifications and experience should be enough. Some schools ask for referees and certificate of morality (conviction form).

Consider a school not far from your residence. Where will you be residing here ? International schools are expensive, however, you also have options, there are several very good english medium schools (french language forms part of the curriculum, so they will get to learn french as well). How old are your children ?

We don't know exactly yet where we will be living. We're looking around Flic en Flac.

Sorry my children are 11 & 14

WestCoast International School would be nearest and "I think" the cheapest among international secondary schools but yes indeed all these schools are expensive. For primary you have more choices...otherwise, there is the public secondary schools but french is compulsory and subjects such as Maths, English, Science, accounting, Business and so on are taught in English though the medium to communicate with others remains french/creol.

Can you please contact me on what's app number ***. I wish you had got the job you need. However, I am asking for you help

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Everyone, il be coming to Mauritius in December God Willing for a 3 week holiday with my family. We also want to use this opportunity to find out about relocating to Mauritius. I would like to actively look for a Maths Primary School Teacher positions amd my husband is actually a Construction Project Manager /Engineer. We both have more then 10 years of experience.

We are from South Africa, we have been to Mauritius before, we love it over there for a holiday but im not sure how it is living in mauritius. If anyone knows of schools looking for teachers or  of where I could look and apply for teaching jobs as well as for my husband, Construction Project manager jobs please let me know. App the help will really be appreciated. Thank you

Slm please contact me ***, can give you some advise on both topics

Regards
Esmail Gani
(also from SA)

Reason : Please do not post contact details on the forum for security reasons.

Ws thanks, but i cant get threw to your number, its off

Please get hold of me on WhatsApp, or my local number ***

Reason : Please do not post contact details on the forum for security reasons.

Hi l would love to teach in Mauritius

Hello and Welcome @Carmen Maistry, Please read this thread from the beginning.

Could you please provide some details on your teaching experience/qualifications ?

All the best

Bhavna