Beating the Heat - Summer gatherings

Unless you be nocturnal, or are super-hot, it is difficult not to feel the Summer heat building up, reports say that this is the "Picnic weather" as the scorchers have yet to set in.

Its also difficult to miss the fact that the early morning traffic deadlock has eased significantly, largely in part due to the departure of teachers (lucky -----) and students for the duration of the Summer.

That leaves those with all-year jobs, or those who did not send in their leave request before their colleagues and hence are stuck working whilst they are off vacationing, in a predicament of sizzling proportions.

What to do in Kuwait when the temperatures are hot enough to fry the proverbial egg on a sidewalk (will probably try that out for real this weekend).

The obvious answer would be ICE SKATING - what better way to beat the heat than go to frigid cold temperatures?

Also, Aqua Park - altho, given that the majority of people who go there have never interacted with a woman, and hence tend to drool over the mere hint of a wrist, it is not advisable to go there on mixed days; even family days. So, maybe not Aqua Park, lest it be a huge gathering with plenty of muscle in tow.

Since its hotter than a snakes butt in a wagon rut, why not go to the gun-tottin' days of yon and go shooting? The place is well ventilated, and a great way to blow off steam.

Two words: Jet Ski. I have yet to partake in jet skiing, but it would be awesome to do on a friday morning.

Of course, the usual Coffee-hopping craze remains, and Mall-hopping to.

What activities do you do to cool off in the Summer o' Sun?

Oh yes, I almost forgot, "Tanning"..

Just go for a walk in the sun, 10 mins tops and you are well-done!

like your idea.
i dont know to skate,i remember the last time i went i was struggling to balance on those skates.

ive never know how to skate, i just go there and move.

i always thought i did it well, till i saw a video of myself; looked like a chicken trying to fly i.e. super embarassing, especially given the fact that there are now figure-skaters who go there and prance about the ice.

but, that hasnt stopped me from going once in a blue moon

i almost got my ankle injured,i feared to skate,felt like if i try to skate i wil slip and fall on my face or back and could break some thing. but some guys were skating very good

I went to Doha last weekend..it was great

i like the beach side,it looks like a lake.

@Kona808 - when u say Doha, do u mean the Doha out near entertainment city, or the one in Qatar? :P

the one in Qatar...haha had a pool party, the mall etc..was a good time

oh yeah, i remember Qatar - what a blast, wish i could go back there again

yeah i'm going again this weekend..

Jet Ski is nice in summer.

Why not rent a charter boat and go off shore fishing for a day?  I would be interested in doing that and in my handy dandy "Guide to Kuwait"  there are obviously more than a few charters around...  I'd like to go.  I'd also love to go JET SKIING!!! However, since I am one of those who chronically works, I only get Sundays off, so if anyone wants to play on a Sunday, let me know!

Renting a boat and go off shore fishing ,good idea

i thought normal people got fri & sat off; dont ur employers know that is the weekend in Kuwait? enlighten them, maybe they are unaware :P unless ur getting sunday off for some religious purpose or other..

yeah, boating.. i wanna buy a boat, its on my list of things to do.

if only we had a sky-diving/ bungy jumping outlet in Kuwait. which reminds me, i also want to try that rock climbing wall they have out near marina waves.

never went for boating or fishing in my life.Kuwaiti see seems too Oily near Fintas and Ahmadi port.And i once discovered huge drainage disposal in shuiwaikh , behind Kuwait University.it spoil t my adventure.

Oh how I miss skydiving!  I have over 400 jumps and I am currently looking to upgrade my canopies....Anyway, you can keep that bungie jumping crapola....no way....

I work for the American Federal government on an Air Force Installation...Unfortunately, we still follow American weekends.  But yes, I am totally up for the rock wall too.  This Sunday is open for me - anyone wanna do the wall??? :D

Oh - and how dare you call me "Normal", Legacy.... shame on you!   :P

lol, i meant no offence :P

but if ur willing to jump out of a plane 400 times and yet dont believe in bungy jumping, i guess that sings praises for your normality :P

rock climbing, sunday, afternoon? ;) sir yes sir! (or is it ma'am?)

last time i ever went rock climbing was in school, also got a chance to do a bit of abseiling too!

rock climbing,afternoon ?It's too hot afternoon

yes, it would have to be around 7 or so...

yep, as the lady said, 7pm on sunday, rock climbing.

be there, or be square ;)

YAY!!!!!

I'm not climibing, I'll just come to say hi =)

the more the merrier :)

Awww, C'mon, Moe.  A septuplet Espresso Macciato should wake you up.  Is there a Starbucks near to the wall?  I have a feeling that you, Idrees and myself will be needing a boost up the wall!  I look forward to meeting you all!  We are going to have soooo much fun!  YAY!

hugs to all!

i'll see ya'll @ the top ;)

meeting point? @ 7 infront of Costa near the Marina. So try to park on the other side of Marina, near the beach, not in the parking that gets u up to Virgin.

Great! One thing for sure I'm not having any coffee or tea at all. I slept the whole day yesterday and woke up around 5. Still awake and still drinking coffee and tea and I'm totally psychoactive. =0 So don't be scared of you saw me looking like I just rose up from my grave. But should be a fun experience though =)