Women can not go outside alone

Hello!

Is it true that women can not go outside alone? My employer said we need to have a sponsor couple if we want to go to far places. Also they are not allowing us to go to Bahrain or any other country. Is that legal?

Thank you!

you can go anywhere of Kingdom as long as you are having Iqama, but regarding Bahrain you need visa stamp on your passport to travel. In that cause maybe you need Sponsor permission. for more detail inbox me

Keijie wrote:

Hello!

Is it true that women can not go outside alone? My employer said we need to have a sponsor couple if we want to go to far places. Also they are not allowing us to go to Bahrain or any other country. Is that legal?

Thank you!

this reminds me that decades ago expats required to obtain a letter from sponsor to move to other cities. But today, country has opened door to tourists with no restriction on women travelling alone, women are driving and single women can stay in a hotel or furnished apartment.
perhaps your employer is talking about your safety. re-check with him and ask him to clarify his point.

Legally, there is no issue with women travelling alone.

However, quite a few companies, prohibit free movement for women e.g. nurses in some medical compounds have to put up with restrictions on visitors, have to go out in a group etc.   So basically, this is employer specific and part of their internal policies - nothing to do with the law.