ADDICTED TO SHAWARMAS!

Hello my fellow Expat.comgers!

I have been a member of this forum for a couple of days now and I just love how everybody always help people that are in need but I think there is just one topic that people seem to be forgetting in this forum and that topic is....SHAWARMAS! I don't know about you guys but shawarmas in Saudi are a definite must-try as they are relatively cheap and very very yum yum in the tum tum! So I am making this topic with hopes that we can all share experiences on what you think is the best shawarma restaurant in town! I know of several as it is somewhat my hobby over the weekends, sad I know but hey what else is there to do here? :P

The list is as follows:

1. Rumanah Restaurant and Shrimpy Restaurant in Khobar Corniche
2. Mozon Restaurant in Doha
3. Fawar Pastry in King Khaled Road
4. Abu Anas Restaurant by the King Fahad Hospital
5. Vitamin Restaurant in King Abdulaziz Road
6. Flamingo Restaurant in Farm 10 by the Golden Belt Area
7. Maiz Restaurant in Rakah

Please share your experiences that you had in any of the shawarma restaurants in Khobar especially ones that are not on the list as I would love to check them out!

BONNE APPETIT MY FELLOW EXPAT-BLOGGERS! :D

Hi

Did u check arabic shawerma saj bread  or normal shawerma at Shahroor Restaurant in khobar corniche and there is one in dammam

Thanx for the list ;-)

Route 66 - on Pepsi-Cola Road ; Their Beef shawarma is just yummmy :)

We always buy ours at Goodies. It is so good.
I always get the beef and my family loves the chicken.

Try Naoorah -many locations-
They got a killer Shawarma! And if you are in Riyadh you MUST try Mama Noura on king Abdullah road. It is the best Shawarma I have ever had, both chicken and beef, they have a turkish staff and they do it the best way.  I tried other stuff at mama noura as well and was not disappointed. I highly recommend it

Tortina wrote:

Hi

Did u check arabic shawerma saj bread  or normal shawerma at Shahroor Restaurant in khobar corniche and there is one in dammam

Thanx for the list ;-)

I never seen that one, I heard about Rommanah, is Shahroor close to Rommanah?

Hasn't anyone ever wondered how much calories a standard size shawarma has?

Alot?  Lol!

A good shwarma is worth every single calory.

Shawarma is usually a small size bread with chicken or beef embedded on it.
But they also have a big size shawarma which is known as Saru (Zaru).

And it's awesome! you guys should try it! :)

It is hard for me to discern whether the white gooey substance they add is mayonnaise or garlic sauce. Plus the fried fries they add in it turns me off. Nevertheless, shawarma is tasty.

Also wish I knew what the white sauce is......I just love it
The fries I do  not like in a schwarma
The ones we get from Goodies does not have the fries in.

The "white sauce" usually is Garlic sauce, few places use mayonnaise instead (which i don't like at all!!!!)

I believe that the best shawarma places are the ones who perfect the Garlic Sauce

seeker of truth wrote:

the big size shawarma is called  sarookh / sarukh means >> rocket

as it is long enough to called rocket :D

valar_morghulis wrote:
seeker of truth wrote:

the big size shawarma is called  sarookh / sarukh means >> rocket

as it is long enough to called rocket :D

:proud
yum yum

At one point in time, I'm gonna visit those stalls and buy myself a tasty treat!

no wonder shawerma became world wide dish....you will get tired trying the good shawrmas around the city. :)

Mama Noura is the best in Saudi Arabia, I have been tried different but you can ask them to add more of their special mayo and melt in the taste :D

It raised from Turkey by origin and become from famous dishes in Middle east Mediterranean countries then spreed all over, also Iranians have their own style of BBQ Shawerma  ;)

Rightly said Bilal, now a days its every where like Turkish TV plays  :D