Which is the better city, Dammam or Khobar??

Just curious ... :)

Alliecat wrote:

Just curious ... :)

Khobar !!

Al-Khobar of course: My most fav city in KSA.

It's BEAUTIFUL and more well-planned as compared to Dammam. The corniche is awesome alongwith all the handy amenities.

Khobar

i agree with people

Dammam-Khobar are sticked together as one city, and even that u will go from khobar to dammam and the opposite, without knowing.

but khobar way better, well planned city, ppl there are very intelligents, 85% of people there are speaking english ( but still with P/B pronounce, lol)

i strongly recommend you to visit this beautiful city if you haven't, but don't come in events. it will be very crowded

Khobar is fancy and organized but Dammam is cheap and cozy... I'd rather Khobar of course ;)

I am also curious about Al Khobar.
Anyone know about Eurovillage Compound and the International Programs School ?
What kinds of things are there to do in Al-Khobar for single ladies ?

Helllllooooo out there ......
Anybody know the answers to my questions ??

saharadesert wrote:

I am also curious about Al Khobar.
Anyone know about Eurovillage Compound and the International Programs School ?
What kinds of things are there to do in Al-Khobar for single ladies ?

I think you start a new forum for your queries, as the subject of the same is very different from your query. So probably not much visits and answers to ur queries.

Good Luck !!

+1 saimans

saharadesert you should start a new topic on the Khobar forum.

Regards
Armand

I think the corniche in Dammam is nicer than khobar. I also think some of the new small shopping malls in Dammam are nicer than the smaller malls in khobar.

I do find the Saudi people in khobar more cosmopolitan and friendly though.

In general both are nice places and comfortable to live in.

Definitely Khobar.

Although it is quite small and new compared to Dammam, it is relatively better designed and I stress  on the word "RELATIVELY".

Khobar is also less congested and you'll see more saudies than foreigners.

Khobar, unlike Dammam, is better suited for those who like living in a somehow modernized society.

Dammam is very poorly designed, since it is older than khobar. you can easily feel the randomness in street design and neighborhoods distribution on a massive scale.

However, what i love about dammam is the simplicity of its people and the cool sooqs they have.

In conclusion, if you come from a first-world country, then i would strongly suggest that you live in Khobar.

I hope that was helpful.

You've all been helpful.  Thank you very much for the input! :)

I would say Khobar is better, because it is quietier and less crowded and Khobar is much easier to get about.

I disagreeing with lubna86 Dammam much batter than Khobar because it's more shaper in rent and am life there

mahdi2011 wrote:

I disagreeing with lubna86 Dammam much batter than Khobar because it's more shaper in rent and am life there

@mahdi2011

I agree with you about the rent and the low cost of real estate properties in general BUT the prices of other goods and services are virtually identical to those in khobar.

Plus you need to consider the fact that Dammam is poorly designed hence accommodation prices are quite cheap compared to khobar. So basically cheap prices attract those who can't afford to live in khobar. As a result, you see more low paid workers living in dammam than khobar and that, in turn, has led to the problem of overcrowding in dammam!!

So I agree with lubna86 when she said khobar is much quieter than dammam. Also, people in khobar are more cosmopolitan than their counterparts in Damma which makes it easier for foreigners to live in khobar:)

Question: Which city is the best out of Dammam, Khobar, Riyadh and Jeddah?
Answer: New York. :whistle:

Let's talk about something else mates. ;)

I liked Jubail, Royal Commission area beach side, quite neat and clean !!!