Ras Tanura

Hi,

Having worked in Riyadh I am now going to work for Aramco and Ras Tanura - not on compound though - but with Al Hoty.

Can anyone tell me about Ras Tanura?

Many thanks

Michael

Very nice place if you are on the compound or have access to the compound and a nice clean beach ...:)

yeah, Ras Tanura Aramco compound is great...

mixed wrote:

yeah, Ras Tanura Aramco compound is great...

Im afraid I wont be on the compound as I am being hired by Al Hoty - not Aramco. Hoping to find something nice on the vicinity though.

Hi Michael,

Ras Tanura is a small municipality in KSA. It's 50 min away from Dammam. You get all your basic needs there. Take note that parties are not basic needs in KSA.

Accommodations are restricted for white Westerners. If non-aramcon, they have to be in Tamimi or Swaidi compound, which charges around 2,500 sar.

Good Luck

Many thanks !

This camp is not restricted to white westerner s..

tomgwapo wrote:

Accommodations are restricted for white Westerners.

Where did you get this information from?

I live in RT, Bad info, the whole world lives on this camp.

i also live in rastanurah... i'm not a westerner.. i'm a filipino... now i know why that tamimi compound is so heavily guarded... i always pass by there every time i withdraw money from ncb... hehehe...

Beautiful Ras Tanura and very small region and a small Number of inhabitants but the problem it is far from Dammam, Khobar and other large towns about them almost 70 kilometers, or 60
:)

a pretty place not crawdad and most of the needs is there! but yea its about 60-70 km away from Khobar.

i have been there alot!
its 10-15 mins away from my home :P

i could show you around if you come here

I need help pleas! I'm relocating to Ras Tanura Aramco compound this summer and would like to arrange Arabic classes (in the compound) before hand. Does anybody know if the compound offers private Arabic lessons - or know of any qualified teacher in Ras Tanura compound?

many thanks in advance!

saradsantiago wrote:

I need help pleas! I'm relocating to Ras Tanura Aramco compound this summer and would like to arrange Arabic classes (in the compound) before hand. Does anybody know if the compound offers private Arabic lessons - or know of any qualified teacher in Ras Tanura compound?

many thanks in advance!

i dont know any qualified teachers, but best way to learn is to interact with the local people who know english they can be helpful with few words and so on,

plus if you going inside aramco which i been and worked there i know some expats there already know how to speak arabic, maybe would be easier once your inside.

i would help teach but im no teacher lol

Thank you for the reply Animex! I was hoping to learn the basic rules of reading and writing - and it would be great to find a native Arabic teacher to teach me and my children :)

I could do that but would be a lil difficult lol

Hi

I'm working for Al-Hoty and traveling to Ras Tanura tomorrow to start work, I need accommodation wonder if you can help

Cheers

rob

Hi robertmtait,

Welcome to expat-blog!

I invite you to post an advert in the an advert in the Housing in Khobar. It will certainly be helpful.

Thank you,

David.

Robert, no 'couch surfing' allowed in KSA :joking:

Alliecat wrote:

Yeah but if you know how to install a tent and can succeed to live in it, that would definitely do a lot for you in K.S.A :)

shikra wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

Yeah but if you know how to install a tent and can succeed to live in it, that would definitely do a lot for you in K.S.A :)

True except when it comes to the point that you need to use a toilet or shower ;)  Well, okay, maybe you can 'rough it' when it comes to the toilet but the shower? :lol:

Alliecat wrote:

True except when it comes to the point that you need to use a toilet or shower ;)  Well, okay, maybe you can 'rough it' when it comes to the toilet but the shower? :lol:

Come on lady, if it is about boys (or Lions), who cares for the shower? :)

And yes, you ladies might have a problem with this :D

Besides, just to add in your knowledge, nowadays when you see people tenting in desert, they have all the basic facilities also, like toilet etc. But they don't arrange showering facility due to the fact that the camping is to recall the days of past, when it was all desert and people used to live.

I was accepted by ARAMCO thru SRACO agency as a ITD teacher.
Can anyone give me an idea about RT? thanx

Hi Michael
Just discovered your post with interest. Hope you have settled in well and are enjoying life.
I'm moving to Ras Tanura (or thereabouts) to teach (through Al Hoty) in a week and have been wondering about the situation. I suspect I will have to find accommodation outside the Aramco compound, but was wondering if you are allowed to go in and use the facilities for a fee? Would be great to have a swim or use the gym!
Cheers
Andrew

Not to my knowledge . It is a closed camp. The facilities are not even open to all employees.

nana84046 wrote:

Not to my knowledge . It is a closed camp. The facilities are not even open to all employees.

too bad, i was planning to swim with my family this weekend, i thought is open for expat.

hi.
i have got job in Saudi aaramco ras tanura

I am going to shift to ras tanura in next few days.
so wanted to know the life of rt camp

if any one have pictures of the houses and camp please post

manish dalal wrote:

hi.
i have got job in Saudi aaramco ras tanura

I am going to shift to ras tanura in next few days.
so wanted to know the life of rt camp

if any one have pictures of the houses and camp please post

Dear If you want any help in Ras Tanura just let me know

Hi...Hubby has accepted a job with aramco working at a gas plant (wassat) They have said they will house us at ras tanura.  I have an 18 month old daughter. We have older kids (16 yrs+)
but they are staying in Scotland. I am looking for any info on what life is like for me and baby. How easy is it to keep in touch with home.  I want to be excited but I'm just scared atm. 
Any advice or help would be wonderful....thankyou x

hi there! is there any cheap hotel nearby, we're planning to stay for a night or two. it would really help if you can provide contact numbers! tnx much!

No,   The closest hotels are in Khobar or Dhahran. Non are cheap.

Hello,
Bring a phone such as a vonage or magic jack, then you will pay a monthly bill of about 10 bucks US FOR all your calls to home.   Our little town is beautiful. We have a lot of organizations, golf club, two swimming pools the beautiful warm ocean. Beautiful sun shine. Lots of mommies with little ones.  Let me know if I can help you with anything else, I have been living there for 5 years. I am 55 so our kids are all grown .  But , i think you will be happy here.

Thankyou for the tip....We get vonage in the UK so that's helpful. We are just waiting on our visas now then we will be on our way.
I appreciate any help you can give me that we help us settle in RT.
Thanks so much...Tracy.

is it really true that, women are not allowed inside ras tanura? like working in some establishment there? and is it really true that they are not allowed to walk around the city? they only stay indoors?

No this is a blatant lie. I live here, 5 years, i swim in the ocean, walk all over golf most days, pretty much do as i please

I have moving to Saudi soon, Starting work for haka on Armco camp Ras tanura, I am looking for a one or two bedroom apartment to live in local area.

My research so far shows Tamimi & saduwi compound. Any ideas how much is a typical rent for fully furnished.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Do you live in the local area, can you advice for two bedroom furnished apartment place to rent.

hi i m due to move to Rahima, ras tanura in feb to work at the ITC  training college through an agency  . is there plenty of apartments to rent in Rahima? has anyone any contact details for letting agents ? or know of any empty apartments to rent ? anyone know the average prices ? very much appreciated?

Is there anyone here can suggest me a room for rent in Ras Tanura. I prefer Filipino tenants. Thank you