Breakdown of living cost

Hi,

Can you please provide me with detailed living cost in q8 if a single person is staying in 2-3 bedroom apartment:

Cost of electricity per month:
Cost of Power connection

Connection cost for landline phone (house phone)
Cost of house phone rental per month

Cost of water connection
Water connection per month

Cost of fast broadband connection.

Cost of food, eating out around 10 times per month for single person: Is approximately 150KD good amount to consider or will it be more?

Not worried about transportation as that is sorted.

Let me know if there is anything else I need to consider.

Many Thanks
C

Water & electricity:

Water, electricity and landline phone are very cheap, do not worry about them .Most of the apartment include Water and electricity with the rent.

Regarding landline phone is will cost you around 30 kd per month, 30 kd = 120 $ , u can check currency rate in yahoo.com.

Food:

There are a variety of different types of restaurants in Kuwait. You will have your choice of all different ethnic foods, chain restaurants, and original restaurants. It all depends on your preferences and what you choose

In my opinion buying grocery items to be prepared at home will save more.

Broadband connection:

There are 3 ISP in Kuwait, Zain,Wataniya and Viva.
In my comparison I will consider 2 things the 3G and the price.

Zain:

From my experience when I used it .I found that their network is weak because their towers are old so the 3G disconnect sometimes and in some places always disconnect or no signal.

Wataniya:

From what I heard from my friends and our company users their network is strong and the 3G rarely disconnect.

Viva:

From what I heard from my friends, their network is very strong and 3G rarely disconnect. They have less subscribers because it a new company.

For prices check with any branch of zain or wataniya or viva and they will provide you prices list with details.

Hi there,

I suggest you also take a look as well on one of the previous posts which contain a bit more detail as well. This should help you plan accordingly, and you might also notice things you might miss easily.

Good luck!