Cost of Living in Kuwait - is 1400 kwd manageable ?

Hello Friends,
I got an offer from India based company for Kuwait location in area called Al Rass. I have been offer 1400/- KWD inclusive HRA, travel and other allowance. I have a family with wife and 1.2 yrs old toddler. With this salary can I manage my expence? How much can I save monthly?. My wife is working as dentist here in Bangalore, India. And she also be looking for the job after month or two once she lands kuwait. I would appreciate if someone can also throw some info for dentist profile and job market in kuwait.

Regards,
Khan

Hi man
I wanna go to kuwait but I need some info about range of salary for civil engineering monthly,price of food & rent of house?
Im single
Best regards,
Mohammad

mohammad torkaman2015 wrote:

Hi man
I wanna go to kuwait but I need some info about range of salary for civil engineering monthly,price of food & rent of house?
Im single
Best regards,
Mohammad

Read through the many informative posts in the forum categories list upper right hand side of this page.

Hello all

Like our Expert Stumpy suggested, this section of the forum will help : https://www.expat.com/forum/417-22-cost … uwait.html

you will find lots of threads such as : Cost of living in Kuwait – 2015 in that section :top:

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi, KD 1400 is not a bad offer. You can save approx KD 800. Your wife can search job after reaching here. I am not much aware about dentist job but I assume she will get a job here for KD 1000-1500. Please let me know your years experince and current salary so I can advise you how much you should get.

house rent :                                         KD 350 (2bhk)
grocery+outside food+movie (PM)      KD 200
Car                                                      KD 100

Yes, it's a good offer. Just try to pick an affordable place to live. My apologies, I can't help with the dentist job. But the fact that both of you will be working is very good, you will manage to save some money. Good luck.

Hi mohammad,

It is dificult to say the range of salary for civil engineer without knowing years of experience and current salary. In Kuwait there are three or four sector where employee gets good salary finance,banking,oil and construction.
For single person  you will need approx. KD 350 for decent life.

share accommodation: KD 200- 250
food+outside food(occasionally) KD 100

Hello,
Tnx for guiding me.
I have some question.as I said ,i dont have experience but I can work with computer not very well but I can.
What do I need for get job?
Cost of living such as:rent apartment with cooler,refrigerator?
As I siad im single
Best regards,mohammad

You mean decent life 350 kd with share accomodatuon & outside food or not?
I still think its very difficult how much money can I save per month?

Hi,
Nobody want ask my quedtion?
I sent message 7 days ago!
Pls guiding me.
Best regards,
Mohammad

Hello Mohammad,

Please be patient! The members of the Kuwait forum have helped you quite well so far, you have had answers to some of your questions :

man1234 wrote:

Hi mohammad,

It is dificult to say the range of salary for civil engineer without knowing years of experience and current salary. In Kuwait there are three or four sector where employee gets good salary finance,banking,oil and construction.
For single person  you will need approx. KD 350 for decent life.

share accommodation: KD 200- 250
food+outside food(occasionally) KD 100

Sooner or later, you will probably get more useful feedbacks  ;)

All the best,
Bhavna  :)

Hi,
Tnx a lot.
U mean I need approx kd350 for rent house,food outside,is that right?!
Im single.
Im civil enginner without exp but I can work with computer,so what is the range of salary for me if I work in construction?
All the best,
Mohammad

Thanks you for info.

@Kenjee - Thanks for reply for info. My apologies for late response as I am not active user here.

To answer your question,  I work as Sr. Business Analyst with company called Cognizant (CTS) here in Bangalore, India. My total experience is 8+ years. I am getting  12.5 lpa here in India.  1400/- KWD is good offer compared to current company of mine? How max can I save monthly? Note: in your previous converconversation, we missed to consider the expenses of kindergarten/day care for my 1.5 year old baby.

Regards,
Khan

1400 KWD is more then enough for you and your family.

@DennisRivera, I would appreciate if you can give the break up of expenses which intern will help me in decide.

Thanks for ur time.

-
Khan

hi man
I wanna go to kuwait
Do u khow how is the security in kuwait after blast in mosque & how is the job vacancy?
Best regards,
Mohammad

Sure you can save nearly 850kd

hi man
I sent message yesterday pls answer my question?
Tnx