Salary and allowances

Dear All,

I got an offer as maintenance manager with 1800 KD , note that i will move with my wife and my son 3 years , so i would like to know is it enough for the accomodation, transportation, education ... or shall i negotiate about the transportation and eduction and medical i need your help ? and i need to know the prices of living in kuwait

It depends on many factors, such as your living trends and if your wife will work or no and other stuff.
Anyways I'll give you some lead
1- 3 bedroom apartment average rent 400 KD/m
2- Grocery cost for 3 of you around 150-200 KD/m
3- Medium size car like Camry or accord monthly installments for 5 years is around 120 KD/m
3- School fees (your son's age) : American schools around 1700 KD/year and British ones little less
4- Outings: around 100 KD/m
5- Miscellaneous (cell phones, clothes, etc): around 100 KD/m
Above costs are medium level to high with total around 1,000 KD/M
balance is 800 KD :)

thanks so much hawaly for your cooperation

You are welcome.
BTW, where are you from?

Hi,

Recently I am in a interview process with a BIG-4 consulting firm i.e Protivity in Kuwait in their Telecom Consulting practice wing. My total expertise experience is 7.5 years + & want to know how much salary should I ask as a part of salary negotiation ??

Currently I am in India (living in my home city), drawing month post TAX deduction salary of around 450 KD per month (converted from INR to KD) and getting transport, telephone,annual bonus extra. I am staying at my home so I am saving maximum amount of money in India.

Now considering living cost in Kuwait City (2 person+1 kid) approx 500 KD per month ( 2 BHK, Education, Transport, Telephone, Air ticket to India Halfyearly ), I am planning to ask 1500 KD as my expected salary.

Because existing salary of 450 KD+expected expenses in Kuwait of 500 KD => 950-1000 KD. So if I get 1500 KD then I can save atleast 500KD extra per month then doing abroad job will be justified.

Please advice if I can ask for a 1500 KD salary for the post of Asst. Manager @Protivity Kuwait ??

Thanks,

well it depends on what you are looking for, but here is an idea:
1) 2 Bedroom apartment ranges from (375-550) according to area/building condition/finishing/size
2) grocery for 3 persons Is between 150-250/month
3) Medium sized car from 110-130 KD/month on a 5 years basis.
4) schools ..... no clue
5) outings/eating out will range from 120-150 KD/month just on a weekend basis.
6) Mobile phone+ gas are cheap 30-40 KD/month for both
7) shopping its according to you it might vary from 100-200KD/month according to brands/quantity

so we are talking about a min of 900KD and a max of 1300 KD (all of this is according to your spending)

Omarb wrote:

well it depends on what you are looking for, but here is an idea:
1) 2 Bedroom apartment ranges from (375-550) according to area/building condition/finishing/size
2) grocery for 3 persons Is between 150-250/month
3) Medium sized car from 110-130 KD/month on a 5 years basis.
4) schools ..... no clue
5) outings/eating out will range from 120-150 KD/month just on a weekend basis.
6) Mobile phone+ gas are cheap 30-40 KD/month for both
7) shopping its according to you it might vary from 100-200KD/month according to brands/quantity

so we are talking about a min of 900KD and a max of 1300 KD (all of this is according to your spending)

I agree with all the above, just want to add the education fees. British system schools starts from around 2000 KD for early stages and reaches 5000 KD for higher levels. As for American system schools it starts from 3000 KD for early stages and reaches around 6000 KD for upper stages. These school fees is per school year and will add to it uniform and school bus.

Dear All,

I am from India and single. I have 7 years experience & got an offer as Protection Engineer with 900 KD/month (Basic, HRA, Travel).
Kindly let me know living cost in Kuwait ( I like to take 1BHK apartment).
This is good offer with 7 years experience ?

HI vijikpd > i invite you to read the above posts to have an idea about the cost of living in Kuwait. Thank you.