Is 400 KWD sufficient for a 27 year old single guy?

Hello,

I am 27 year old guy from India with close to 4.5 years of experience and a graduate degree in the relevant field. I have landed a job in Kuwait which is offering me 400 KWD (the company won't provide housing, travel or food). After much research, I have realised that this isn't a very good salary and that I would be struggling to save or entertain myself(shopping, eating out etc.). I don't intend to live a very lavish life but I do plan on having some outdoor fun once a month. I am considering going back and negotiating with those people for 550 KWD.

My questions are:

A. Is 400 KWD a decent amount?
B. Are rents really that expensive? I have read that one can't find anything decent below 250 kwd!
C. Does one need to pay any security deposit in order to rent? And if so, what is the amount like?
D. How sooner can I rent a place once I land in Kuwait?
E. Does having any experience in India count for anything or I need to start fresh? ( From what I have learnt, 400 KWD is considered as a fresher salary.)

I will appreciate any comments and replies regarding the above questions. Please feel free to add more suggestions if you have any.

Hello and welcome,

In short:

A. No.
B. Yes.
C. Yes, usually half one month rent.

You could share a place and get rents down to 100ish or so, but it will not be easy to pull through for you with 400. 550 is more manageable.

Thanks Ribosom. I have asked the manager to consider 500 KWD as the final pay. They had revised their initial offer to 460 KWD. Hoping for the best!

if you share an apartment or get a furnished room which usually available aroun kd100/kd120 .so start with kd460/- not bad...

Thank you Mr Pervez. I was curious if these apartments for Kd100-120 are available in decent areas or the outskirts of Kuwait city?

yes good area like salmiya and hawally or farwaniya its easily available, it would be a room in a sharing apartment