assistant professor position- is 2300 KD good for family of 4

Hi All
Is 2300 KD (all inclusive) is good for assistant professor (Engineering). I have my wife and 2 kids ( 3years and 1year). Im moving from Australia.

Hello Sam_2016 :cheers:

I invite you to check out threads talking about salary and living expense in our forum section : Cost of living in Kuwait

Thank you kenjee. I cann't find threads about my position. Is this salary good for assistant professor position.

Pretty darned good, there, Sam.

You don't mention if the university is supplying a housing or education stipend.

Check out the schools thread to see what those costs are, but I think of 2300 as quite liveable.

Thank you MisterStretch.
Its 2000 KD+ 300 KD housing.
Also they provide max 4000 KD for kids education, plus insurance, plus annual return tickets.
I think this is good to cover living cost with some saving.
I ask about the salary of assistant professor in kuwait in general. Is it of the same range or higher.

You're getting twice what I do as a corporate English teacher, in conjunction with a university. 

I've heard other "ass't profs" also ask about 2K, so I think you are being offered a standard package.

Sounds like a good package, Sam. Wish I had it.

Thank you mate. Best of luck for you.

Trying to contain housing within 300 is going to be tough. Again, depends on the area you choose to reside.
4000 for education allowance; is that for each child? If yes, you are covered at most schools in Kuwait. If no, then you will need to supplement that yourself after Y3 onwards at most British schools.
If insurance covers the whole family, great.

Yours look pretty good for the position :)
Based what I heard here the salary for an asst. prof ranges between 1900KD to 2400KD (All inclusive). It depends on your experience,....

Thank you for your reply

Questions and answers about Kuwait

Ask your question
Things to ask prospective employer?
By Paidiske
Malaysian Restaurant in Kuwait
By Ihabalami
David W Moris
Sports in Kuwait
By Priscilla
I need a job in either Kuwait or Oman.
By Ecoshap