Finding a place in Stuttgart

Hello to everybody

I am Camilo, I'm from Colombia and I will be travelling to Stuttgart for some studies the next year.
Been looking for a place to live but it has been so hard... Neither replies or potential Scam

Does anybody have some tips, pages or advices to find one??

Thank you all

Yes, I have an advice:
Start your search only after you are here!
As you have encountered, no serious landlord will deal with you if he/she cannot meet you in person - and neither should you agree to rent something you have not viewed.
Therefore, you need to arrange temporary accommodation (hotel or hostel) for the first few weeks.
Other than that, this forum has lots of advice on how and where to search. Good luck!

Oh ok, Thanks for the advise.
Gonna luck for cheap Hotel/hostel (in case u know one, more welcome to hear :) )

Try the usual hostel booking websites.
They start at EUR40/night for a room (or EUR20/night for a dorm bed). You get what you pay for ...

There are pinboards at all Universities including Stuttgart where people put advertisements looking for or offering rooms in shared apartments. This is definitely the best chance for students, especially foreigners.

Hello mylora03,

Welcome to Expat.com

I would advise you to check the Housing in Stuttgart section, you may find what you are looking for.

Good luck  :)

Alexia
Expat.com Team