Accommodation for students in Stuttgart

Firstly, I know that there is the "accommodation" request section on the forum, but I am more interested in getting some advice from people who have been in a similar situation to me.

I have been in Stuttgart now for a week, living out of hotels and it seems extremely difficult to find a room or apartment for a three month stay on an Erasmus course. I have tried the most popular websites and the University has been next to useless helping us.

I would like to live with either 1 friend or two in either a WG or a shared apartment - at a budget of about 650€ each. The problem is all the short term furnished accommodation seem to want ridiculous commission on their rentals? One agency wanted 900€!

Has anyone had the same problem when moving to Stuttgart? I would very much appreciate any help. Vielen Dank!

Hi I am not sure whether this will be out of your direction. But in Mettingen, Palmenwaldstrasse there are Rooms for 325 a month They also have shared rooms. Its a room with your own bathroom and toilet and small fridge in it you get a modem as well. You share the kitchen with about 15 people on your floor

There are many website where you can look for commission-free accomodations. E.g. wg-gesucht.de and studenten-wg.de. They have all kinds of appartments, not just WGs.