How long will my work pass (EP, S-Pass, WP) application take

I want to share my condition and if anyone have gone through similar story.
I have been working in Singapore under epass for 2 years (1 year on each company). I am moving to a third company and waiting for epass issuance that has taken much longer than the first 2.

Timeline is
25 June: Still working on Company A, applying epass for Company B with start date of 13 Aug
31 July: I ended my last effective date on Company A and flew back to Indo for a getaway before my next job. I checked EPOL and I notice that the status is always "need input from other agencies" and expected time up to 4 weeks.
7 Aug (6th week): Company B called me and asked that if I know anything that may prevent my epass from getting issued. After running through background check together, we suspect company A have not done tax clearance yet and it is true.
13 Aug: I flew to SG and cleared my tax because my token is left in Singapore
Today (28 Aug): EPOL still say the exact same thing of "need input from other agencies"

This has been more than 8 weeks since my EPass application. Can someone share whether tax clearance makes my application reset. E.g. essentially, my epass was processed only from 13 Aug?

You might have cleared the personal tax on 13th August, but it depends on when IRAS updated it's system then share the clearance details to MoM. Status will only change when MoM updates its system. The entire process can takes few weeks before you see there is an update at MoM system (can expect on change of status in early September or so). Good luck

Hi, everyone. My EP was approved after 103 days.
Here are my timelines:

3 May: EP application was submitted.

4 June: I received an email from the MOM stating this:

“As we need to carry out more checks, it will take at least 3 months to review your application. Each case will be assessed holistically, taking into account applicant-related criteria, input from other agencies, and whether fair consideration has been given to workers in Singapore.”

There was no additional information requested from us. The application status in the EP Online website remained as Pending.

14 August: The status in the EP Online website was updated to Approved between 6.00PM and 11.00PM.

All the best to everyone waiting!

Good to hear. Congrats!

My husband got a job in Singapore and company applied his EP on 8th Aug. I am his wife and company also applied dependent visa for me on 10th Aug. He has got his EP approved on 20 Aug 2018. And my status is coming 'waiting for input from other agencies' . I have only provided our marriage certificate and my M.Tech degree from a recognized university.
I have only my first name in all the documents and certificates (since my birth) and I didn't add my husband's family name in marriage certificate or passport. Does having a single name be a problem for me and this status can be due to that??

Are there any chances that a DP can get rejected (I assure that all documents contain single name and all are genuine). Because my husband is supposed to join the company next week and had to resign from the previous one. We are confused should we take this risk he joins the company and I join him later once my DP gets approved or should we wait for my DP before he resigns?

If in all your documents (educational certificates, passport and any other necessary documents like marriage certificate etc) have only one name of yours, then there shouldn't be an issue.

It's common that MoM will liaise with the vetting agency to check the authenticity of the documents. So, it can take few days to few weeks.

Pertaining to joining of your husband in his new company, depends on his arrangement with the employer. Be careful, not joining on said date can backfire him as employer has every rights to cancel his IPA letter and EP approval. So, it's better let him join then you can travel with him under a visa (believe you both are Indian, you need to have visa to travel here). So, at immigration check point, officer will give you 30 days period to stay here. By end of 29 days time you should have got your DP approval. Good luck

Hi all, i want to update my EP pass status after waiting for 10 days i got the result and it is rejected the MOM says that "the candidate is not eligble to apply for a work pass, please look for another candidate" this is the second rejection last year i also got job offer and my employer also apply for EP Pass and have the same rejection messages from MOM. Beppi & surya2k do you have any suggestion why my application is always being rejected? my background is i have 10 years of IT and have bachelor degree last year my employer offer me 6000 SGD and is rejected this year my employer offer me 5200SG and also is reject with the same reason.

Do you think that this rejection is caused by salary? i never done any ilegal activity in Singapore and now i really think that i never gonna work in Singapore because of this work permit issue..:(

I had answered couple of times to similar issues which was raised earlier.

I have seen many times, MoM advised employer when they hired Indonesian that the candidate is not eligible to work here, look for another candidate.

I don't know the internal reason but when you receive such response from MoM then it's better for you to start looking job elsewhere. You may try again after few years to see if MoM changed its stands. Good luck

Hi surya2k thanks, i already wait 1 year from my last rejection but the result is the same. Until now i still don't know why MOM reject my application. I never done anything ilegal in Singapore, i only visit singapore 1-2 time in a year for vacation 2-3 days each time so i never overstay there.

From what i can share is that from my 1st and 2nd experience if you received this type of rejection the processing time for the application until you hear the result is 9-10 days

"the candidate is not eligble to apply for a work pass, please look for another candidate"

Ok now time to find other opportunities now since Singapore doesn't want me to work there.

Thanks again surya2k for your kind response

As I said, these kind of wording from MoM comes for Indonesian applicants. So, I'm not sure is it something part of two Govt understandings? But, when you see this kind of statement, it's better look out a job else where as it's not related to your salary or any other common criteria. Good luck

Dear all,

I'm just asking here if someone have the knowledge on how MoM works, is it first come first served basis?

Let me explain, my application was done by employer on the 2nd August, and rejected for administrative matter on the 16th of August.

An appeal have been submitted on the 17th and still pending.

If it's first come first serverd, anyone here is waiting for the appeal result? Since when?

Let's all cross fingers

Thanks

Regards

The first post of this thread explains in detail what happns during work pass processing and how long it takes. Did you read it? (I guess not - otherwise you would know the answer to your question ...)

Hello Beppi

I did read it, I didn't find an answer to my question : The processing is random or first come first served ?

That's why I asked sorry

Thanks

Some of the steps mentioned in the original post might be first come first served, but since they are done by different people and sometimes external organisations, it mostly depends on how long each process takes before your application is passed on to the next step.

Thank you Beppi

Hi Guys,

This is my first post after being a silent reader since 2 months ago. I want to share my experience about employment pass things when I'm apply in two service provider company in singapore. Below is the detail.

I have accepted working at one of service provider in singapore. They offer me salary with 4500 SGD and applied S-PASS for me (I thought that they will apply for EP). The timeline is:

16 July 2018             : Apply S-PASS to MOM
25 July 2018             : Rejected

I takes around 9 days until my SPASS is rejected.

I have accepted working at one of service provider in singapore. They offer me salary around 6000 ++ SGD and applied EP for me. The timeline is:

8 August 2018          : Apply EP to Mom (status is pending)
10 August 2018        : We need inputs from other agencies to process this application. In most instances, the outcome will be available in 4 weeks
3 September 2018   : Approved

I takes around 3-4 weeks until my EP is approved.

Btw, I'm indonesian, 7yr experience on Information Technology Industry and holding CCIE certificate. Don't give up, keep trying! #fingercrossed

Congrats! Yes, never give up.

For Indonesians, I have read many cases where MoM categorically said that you are not eligible to work here. Good to see, you got through. This is definitely a positive news for other Indonesians.

I got my DP today. Thanks for answering :)

Hi,

Just got my S-Pass approved and here is my timeline:

1st company:
Jan 2018: Joined my 1st company in Singapore, on SPass

2nd company:
15/08/18: New company applied EP for me
27/08/18: EP got rejected
28/08/18: New company re-applied EP and SPass for me
3/9/19: Status changed from pending to "We need inputs from other agencies to process this application. In most instances, the outcome will be available in 4 weeks' time. Some cases may take longer"
14/9/18: SPass got approved

I am not sure whether tax is related to the approval but the 1st company cleared my tax on 13th of Sep 2018.

Best of luck to you that are waiting for work pass! :)

Hello All

I have a question regarding changing job
Currently I hold SPass and have accepted job offer from another company who has applied SPass on 16 Sep 18. Currently the status is pending with remarks "we need inputs from other agencies to process this application ...."

What is the chance that my new SPass will be approved and issued ? Tried SAT and it says likely to get SPass..

Another thing is, only after my new SPass is approved then i will submit resignation letter right? Do i also need to tax clearance? How is the transition period look like?

Thank you in advance for the sharing !

Cheers
RK

Nobody can tell you whether this S pass application will be approved or not. Each case will go through the selection process at MoM.
SAT won't tell you whether it will approve or not, it only confirms whether you are eligible to apply S pass or EP or both.

Yes, you should inform your existing employer only after your current application approved.

Unless you are very sure that your application will be approved and you can take risk in advance, which I won't suggest to do.

Your tax will be calculated and will be deducted from final payment by the existing employer (normally, they will block your salary of last month if your notice period is more than one month then adjust).

Is it first time for you to change a job? If not, then remember when you had changed your job last time and related that transition period. It would be similar. Good luck

Thank you surya2k !

Yes this will be my 1st time changing job so I'm not quite sure how it looks like

So do i need to do tax clearance too before starting work at new company?

I imagine it will be like this ?

New company spass if approved -> resign -> tax clearance -> collect new spass -> start working in new company

Howdy all,

My first posting here.

I have been waiting for my EP for 3-4 months [more likely 4], anyone longer than me here or I am the record :>?

Anything I can do besides waiting?

Thanks all for your advice.

Hello,

I've just found out this yesterday when I was checking my EP application status.
I've just known that we could check the EP status by ourselves online yesterday. My EP just been approved today.

I just want to share my experience.
Here's the timeline:
6 Sept 2018: EP application submitted
30 Sept 2018: Need input from other agencies... could be 4 weeks, in some cases even more (this is the first time I check my EP online)
1 Oct 2018: EP approved

Indonesian, IT industry, 5k++ SGD/month.
Thank you.

Hello just updating, my e-pass is approved after 94 days.

MoM declines answer on what is the cause of delay (we asked on the 80s days).
Company B HR believe that this is because outstanding tax from Company A.
iRAS told me that their relationship with MoM is pull system. It means they cannot inform MoM that the tax has been cleared unless MoM check by themsleves.
Regardless, there is no proof that tax is the issue but it is heavily recommended to clear all your tax by yourselves when you are quitting your old company.

Additional info: Indonesian, Product Manager, (above industry standard salary)

agustinusbenyamin wrote:

I want to share my condition and if anyone have gone through similar story.
I have been working in Singapore under epass for 2 years (1 year on each company). I am moving to a third company and waiting for epass issuance that has taken much longer than the first 2.

Timeline is
25 June: Still working on Company A, applying epass for Company B with start date of 13 Aug
31 July: I ended my last effective date on Company A and flew back to Indo for a getaway before my next job. I checked EPOL and I notice that the status is always "need input from other agencies" and expected time up to 4 weeks.
7 Aug (6th week): Company B called me and asked that if I know anything that may prevent my epass from getting issued. After running through background check together, we suspect company A have not done tax clearance yet and it is true.
13 Aug: I flew to SG and cleared my tax because my token is left in Singapore
Today (28 Aug): EPOL still say the exact same thing of "need input from other agencies"

This has been more than 8 weeks since my EPass application. Can someone share whether tax clearance makes my application reset. E.g. essentially, my epass was processed only from 13 Aug?

Congrats to both of you!

Keanoidd wrote:

Hi, everyone. My EP was approved after 103 days.
Here are my timelines:

3 May: EP application was submitted.

4 June: I received an email from the MOM stating this:

“As we need to carry out more checks, it will take at least 3 months to review your application. Each case will be assessed holistically, taking into account applicant-related criteria, input from other agencies, and whether fair consideration has been given to workers in Singapore.”

There was no additional information requested from us. The application status in the EP Online website remained as Pending.

14 August: The status in the EP Online website was updated to Approved between 6.00PM and 11.00PM.

All the best to everyone waiting!

Thanks for sharing.. I think I can now claim the crown of waiting. It's been 110 days now from the date of submission per online status check..

hello all,

i want to share my experience with you, here it is :
02nd August : first time application
3rd : need incomes from other agencies...etc.
16th : rejected (reason : missing job advertisement)
17th : appeal with another advertisement
28th : Appeal rejected

14th september : new application
15th september: need incomes...etc.
04th October : Approved

Thank you all for advices and good luck to whom still waiting or applying

Hi all,

My SPass application status has been pending for more than 3 weeks, with remarks: Processing time is within 3 weeks for most cases. It may take longer should the application require the inputs of external agencies.

It was applied by my company on September 12 2018. I have emailed my company asking about my SPass status and it is still pending until today (8 Oct 2018).

I actually have a Tuition Grant obligation that requires me to work in Singapore for 3 years. Last year, I finished my diploma and pursued a degree course for a year. I did not update the Ministry of Education (MOE), because none of my friends was talking about updating the MOE. So, we didn't know that we actually have to update them and put a Banker's Guarantee/deposit before pursuing higher education. I got the email from MOE last week (Oct 1 2018) and MOE asked me what I have been up to for the past 12 months after my diploma graduation. I replied that I was taking a degree course. Then MOE said that I needed to put a Banker's Guarantee/deposit, which is 30% of the liquidated damages. Today (Oct 8 2018), I received their reply that I need to pay S$8,000 in one-time payment what will be returned after 3 years / after I finished serving the bond.

I think, my SPass application has been affected by my problem with MOE. I think my SPass will be rejected and it is really difficult to actually find another job especially for foreigners. I also cannot guarantee whether any future applications of SPass for me will be successful.

I do not think that your problem with MoE affects your S-Pass application.
Three weeks is not long - be patient and wait for the outcome! If it is rejected, inform MoE that you tried but are prevented from fulfilling your bond.

Submitted form and docs on October 9 and approved after 2 working days. Currently employed but moving to another company.

Waiting is worrying and can be stressful but trust that you'll receive a good news soon. Just stay positive :)

nandnur26 wrote:

Hi Guys,

This is my first post after being a silent reader since 2 months ago. I want to share my experience about employment pass things when I'm apply in two service provider company in singapore. Below is the detail.

I have accepted working at one of service provider in singapore. They offer me salary with 4500 SGD and applied S-PASS for me (I thought that they will apply for EP). The timeline is:

16 July 2018             : Apply S-PASS to MOM
25 July 2018             : Rejected

I takes around 9 days until my SPASS is rejected.

I have accepted working at one of service provider in singapore. They offer me salary around 6000 ++ SGD and applied EP for me. The timeline is:

8 August 2018          : Apply EP to Mom (status is pending)
10 August 2018        : We need inputs from other agencies to process this application. In most instances, the outcome will be available in 4 weeks
3 September 2018   : Approved

I takes around 3-4 weeks until my EP is approved.

Btw, I'm indonesian, 7yr experience on Information Technology Industry and holding CCIE certificate. Don't give up, keep trying! #fingercrossed

I have a similar profile with you. Im currently under the status
"We need inputs from other agencies to process this application. In most instances, the outcome will be available in 4 weeks' time. Some cases may take longer."

Date of Application    : 27/09/2018

Have people seen any cases where their E-pass gets rejected after this status?

thediandras wrote:

Have people seen any cases where their E-pass gets rejected after this status?

Of course!
The purpose of such checks is getting information on which a decision (approve or reject) can be based.

Hi beppi!

Would like to ask your opinion, my employer applied for EP for me but it was rejected due to wrongly filled information by the employer.

Subsequently, i have decided to accept another job with another employer.

Will my chances of getting EP be affected by the rejected application (although the rejection reason is not my fault)?

Thank you so much.

Your subsequent applications will not be affected by a prior rejection - especially if the rejection was not your fault.

beppi wrote:

Your subsequent applications will not be affected by a prior rejection - especially if the rejection was not your fault.

Thanks so much  :)

My timeline :

4 Sept : Submitted EP. Pending (in between there's the normal 2 months--> 4 weeks pending for vetting notification)
19 Sept : Rejected
Reason : Wrong input by employer. I have my own thread if you wanna find out why

21 Sept : Appeal
15 Oct : Approved

Good luck! took me 15 days for rejection and 24 days for appeal to be approved

Just wanted to give an update:

27 September 2018 : Apply EP
01 October 2018        : We need inputs from other agencies to process this application. In most instances, the outcome will be available in 4 weeks
16 October 2018   : Approved

Yay!!

thesti wrote:

Hello,

I've just found out this yesterday when I was checking my EP application status.
I've just known that we could check the EP status by ourselves online yesterday. My EP just been approved today.

I just want to share my experience.
Here's the timeline:
6 Sept 2018: EP application submitted
30 Sept 2018: Need input from other agencies... could be 4 weeks, in some cases even more (this is the first time I check my EP online)
1 Oct 2018: EP approved

Indonesian, IT industry, 5k++ SGD/month.
Thank you.

Hi Thesti,

May I know if you have already tendered when the new company apply for your new work pass?

Did you follow this: New company spass if approved -> resign -> tax clearance -> collect new spass -> start working in new company ?

I wonder whether tax clearance affects your work pass approval. Because our tax will only be cleared once we tender our resignation.

Kindly enlightened me :)

Thanks

Tax cases for the current year which is not ended yet, has NO influence on your new pass approval.