Start up costs when you first arrive

Hi Folks
I am just about to have a ADEC pre screening interview by phone for a job in Abu Dhabi.  Not sure what to expect and I hope that Im successful.  Im wondering if anyone can tell me what the approximate start up costs would be when you first arrive in Abu
Dhabi.  What is life like, how are the government schools, class sizes, behaviours, what should I expect as far as accommodation, daily expenses etc.  Im really hoping that I can get a teaching position there - it sounds so exciting.
Any contributors to answer my questions are welcomed.
Thanks

I am also interested in the saem info

Well.. I will try to share some info.. first of all it all depends on your needs and means...

Accomodation: That's going to be the most expensive item on your budget. A 1 bdr apt in the city center would cost around AED90K per year. You can get one in Khalifa City or other settlements around AD for about AED60K with better spec.. but location will be different.. there are some luxury apartments on Yas Island.. a 1 bdr would cost 110 k or so.

Food: Generally cheap.. a restaurant meal could vary from 15 to 40 AED. Eating at home would be cheaper.

Transport: YOu may need a car.. or live really close to your place of work.. parking in the city center can be difficult

The bottom line.. any job paying less less than 20K per month is just not worth it. Oh yeah.. and expensive accomodation gets offset by "no tax".