Job in Vietnam/ Saigon

I will be in Saigon June 21 and looking for a job!  Can someone please help me with getting a job I would be grateful and pay if needed.  Please let me know!  I am from USA.

I am in Saigon/Ho Chi Minh City. I have been here for 18 months and happily married for a year now.

The women here are great. Of course, there are always a few bad apples in every bunch but I think the majority are good apples in this bunch.

The weather is hot but coming from Michigan myself, it is a welcome relief from snow and ice for half the year.

Saigon is a big city. My wife and I live in the Go Vap district.

I'm not sure what kind of work you are looking for but if you want to teach English like most expats do here, I could recommend some schools for you to contact...but the most important thing is that you have all of the proper credentials. You will need a BA (any subject will work but English related is better) and certification to teach English (CELTA is best but I get buy with a TESL myself).

Government regulations change constantly but you can most likely bet they are going to want original transcripts, diplomas, certificates, and a criminal background report all translated into Vietnamese and certified. The rest you will have to check up on due to the constantly changing laws, as I said.

If teaching English is your goal you should have no trouble finding work here. There is plenty to go around.

Anyway, I hope this information helps you out. Welcome to Vietnam : - )

dbrutter wrote:

I am in Saigon/Ho Chi Minh City. I have been here for 18 months and happily married for a year now.

The women here are great. Of course, there are always a few bad apples in every bunch but I think the majority are good apples in this bunch.

The weather is hot but coming from Michigan myself, it is a welcome relief from snow and ice for half the year.

Saigon is a big city. My wife and I live in the Go Vap district.

I'm not sure what kind of work you are looking for but if you want to teach English like most expats do here, I could recommend some schools for you to contact...but the most important thing is that you have all of the proper credentials. You will need a BA (any subject will work but English related is better) and certification to teach English (CELTA is best but I get buy with a TESL myself).

Government regulations change constantly but you can most likely bet they are going to want original transcripts, diplomas, certificates, and a criminal background report all translated into Vietnamese and certified. The rest you will have to check up on due to the constantly changing laws, as I said.

If teaching English is your goal you should have no trouble finding work here. There is plenty to go around.

Anyway, I hope this information helps you out. Welcome to Vietnam : - )

Hi!
Thank you for the Response.  I am TEFSOL certified as well as have a bachelors from Univeristy of Pennsylvania Edinboro.  I am interested in teaching English with my TEFSOL certificate and would like to know what jobs in Saigon are available.  I am originally from Potomac, MD but moved to PA about 10 years ago.  I look forward to hearing from you!  ***
Regards,
Greg

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Please don't post advertising  of any sort or contact details on the open forums.
Any such posts will be removed/edited.

How else am I supposed to find a job here?  I have to post something like that.

Fred wrote:

Please don't post advertising  of any sort or contact details on the open forums.

How else am I supposed to find a job without asking?

You can ask without posting your private email. People can contact you via PM. Private contact info is never allowed in any forum anywhere on the Internet, unless you own the website and desire to do so.

greglavalleye wrote:
Fred wrote:

How else am I supposed to find a job without asking?

https://www.expat.com/en/jobs/asia/vietnam/saigon/

Check vietnamworks

It is very appreciable to look at the contents of your writing.

I am also living in Go Vap. Having Bcom,M.B.A from India and just added TESOL from Vietnam.
I am teaching English  part-time in a private school.
I can teach English,maths,commerce and management subjects.
Posses good managerial experience too.

Looking forward for suitable opening.

regards,

Stanley Jose
xxx

Moderated by Chris 6 years ago
Reason : Please avoid sharing your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello everyone,

For all those seeking employment, you can drop your resume under the appropriate section : Jobs in Saigon

Thanks

Christopher
Expat.com

[Topic closed]

Closed