Degree and teaching certificate notarized by vietnam embassy

Do I now need to get my degree and teaching certificate notarized by Vietnamese embassy in the UK before arriving in VN to work?

If you want to get a work permit while you're out here, then yes. And unfortunately the consulate here stopped those services this year. If you're serious about working out here, I would recommend getting your degree certificate and any teaching documentation notorised and legalised from the FCO before you get here.

You can also run into some difficulty if the name on your passport is different than that on your certificates. My certificates don't have my middle name on it, for example. To sort that, you can fill out a form at the consulate in HCMC when you arrive.

You will probably also need a security check and a health check when you get here!

Again, this depends on the company you work for and how stringent they are.

Cheers mate, nice one

I am going through the same process.

I was told that the degree certificate need to be legalised by the embassy in the country of the degree.  So while I still live in Germany, I have to get it done by the embassy in London. But before the embassy can do it, it need be authorised by the FCO, and their requirement is the authorisation of a notary public.

The price for the FCO is £30 for the one week service, and £30 for the Vietnamese embassy (again takes one week).
I pay now the notary public £235 for thir authorisation work and dealing with the FCO and the embassy. This includes the fee for the FCO and embassy, their authentification work (£85) and £90 to run between the FCO and the embassy, so my original of the certificate and the auhtorised copy is ready o be picked up. Great service as I have to do nothing from Germany.

So unless you live in London, I would let a notary public do all the work.
Oh, and you could get the criminal record legalised at the same time. For this I have to use the German embassy. Boy, I do love beaucracy!!!!

thayes1987 wrote:

Do I now need to get my degree and teaching certificate notarized by Vietnamese embassy in the UK before arriving in VN to work?

Hello @thayes1987,

My understanding of having a document notarized means that you sign a document in front of a notary public, "who is charged with verifying your identity as the signer, ensuring you sign under your own free will, and witnessing the signing event". (Source: https://notarize.com/knowledge-center/w … otarized-2)

As such, how do you get a notary public to notarized documents (e.g. degree, teaching certificate, criminal records etc.) that were signed by someone else who is not presented? I'm asking because I'll have to legalized some documents for Vietnam soon, thanks in advance.

KingJ wrote:

You will probably also need a security check and a health check when you get here!

I am not sure but this may be unintentionally ambiguous.  You will need to get the police record check in the UK and have it translated and certified at the VN Embassy as well.  It used to be that people who had been in Vietnam for more than 6 months could submit a Viet police check but I think that is no longer true.  In fact, if you have been in Vietnam for a long time you may have to submit both.

You can get the health check in Vietnam.  The price is reasonable.  There are lists of clinics where you can go posted in other threads or your employer can recommend a place.

Oh yeah, you're right! I needed both a UK and Vietnamese security check when I applied for my work permit. So much paper work...

so is the health check fine to get in Vietnam?

thayes1987 wrote:

so is the health check fine to get in Vietnam?

Sure it is.
In fact you have to do your health check for WP from certain Govt. approved hospitals/clinics here in VN.

Thayes, just an update. I got an email from the nootary public  advising that the docuemtns are ready. They received them from germany 2 weeks ago. It seems it was a painless procedure if you do not have to handle it.

I have sent my other docuemts to the german embassy...I will see if they are as efficient there.

who was your notary public, all the ones I've contacted have said £500+

I used Vanner Perez Notaries in London. I found the price very reasonable and they done verything quite fast. Just give them a call

OK, one more thing. If you get your police report in the UK you might need to get it notorised as well. I got the German report back from the Vietnamese embassy, and even though the docuement was provided by the German Department of Justice, I need a stamp and signature from someone at the Department of Justice on the report as well as a letter stating that the person who signed it was allowed to sign it.

You just have to love beaucracy. Now I worry about the timeline, as I am not sure I can get the form back from the Department of Justice and get it back from the embassy by the end of March - considering it is Tet in 12 days.

So double check if the police record requires the same things in the UK