Trying to get work permit in Vietnam

Hi everyone,

I'm currently in the process of getting a work permit in Vietnam and apparently I need a notarized copy of my credentials. Can a notary in Saigon do this? Does anyone know where I can find one?

Thanks a bunch,

Erin

Erin, you will need to check with your embassy, but I know for the UK residents we need to get ours notarized in the UK.

also it may be worth checking with your employer as they should be able to advise you on this.

Thanks very much! Will do.

Erin

This link will give you the information on what the US Consulate in Saigon can and can't do for you:

http://hochiminh.usconsulate.gov/notarials.html

ereinhardt wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm currently in the process of getting a work permit in Vietnam and apparently I need a notarized copy of my credentials. Can a notary in Saigon do this? Does anyone know where I can find one?

Thanks a bunch,

Erin

Hello Erin,

this is quite complex stuff. If you have an employer - you virtually need to have, otherwise no work permit, they should level all possible hurdles for you, otherwise you might run in circles for many month.

God luck

Hmm looks like the US embassy cannot notarize academic credentials. I sent then an email anyway we'll see if there's any other options

Hi Erin,

I just got my university degree notorized by the U.S. embassy about a week ago. It is also for work permit purpose. The cost is $50 for each notorized document. The hour is from 8:00am to 11:30 am. from monday through thursday. If your employer is a local Vietnamese company, you need to translate the notorized document into Vietnamese by using a translator company to verify and signed the translation part. Good luck!

tomkat70 wrote:

Hi Erin,

I just got my university degree notorized by the U.S. embassy about a week ago. It is also for work permit purpose. The cost is $50 for each notorized document. The hour is from 8:00am to 11:30 am. from monday through thursday. If your employer is a local Vietnamese company, you need to translate the notorized document into Vietnamese by using a translator company to verify and signed the translation part. Good luck!

That's highly unusual, unless they've started notorizing them again.

This guy documented his trials and tribulations. 

Saigon Nezumi

My paperwork followed virtually the same path, except the state where my university is located.  Normally the home state of the uni. is the starting point.

Thank you!

I also need to mention that you have to bring your original document with your copied in order to notorize.

Many documents used for VN governments have to be notorised by the Official Notary Public.

It is a Department of TP HCM. There several dotted around the city but the one in Quan 1 is located on La Duan Street, at the end nearest the Notre Dame Cathedral, opposite the Diamond Plaza.

Since they have no parking you will have to park at Diamond Plaza.

Another office you will need is the Justice Ministry at 90 Pasteur. They have free parking. It's on the L/H side just before Dien Bien Phu (approaching from downtown).

All State and Federal US government documents have to be confirmed by the US Consul.

Likewise, all Canadian Government and Provincial documents have to be confirmed at the Canadian consul.

Since Britain only has a central government it is easier - the UK Consul on La Duan Street.

Only the Canadian Consulate has free parking (in front of the coffee shop)