Want to move to Saigon

Just came back from my visit to Vietnam and my heart and soul are still left behind there. My 2nd trip to Vietnam after having lived in the States for 20+ years.

I so want to move to Saigon, find a job and live there for a few years to get to know the whole Vietnam and the lifestyle that I didn't have a chance to live when I left Saigon as a kid.

Is there any good job information I can find there? Any advice for someone who want to start this journey?

Thanks so much and I am looking forwards to getting some info and advice.

Hi,

You can look for some jobs in Vietnam here: vietnamworks.com

I'm a Vietnamese boy and would like to make friends with foreigners coming to our country. We can help together to know more about cultures. Contact me if you need a friendly friend here!

My Skype: alex.nguyen2606
My yahoo: vannguyen26689

Dear,
You can take a look : kiemviec.com/en
It can be useful to take a look.
If you want to know any question, contact to me.

I would love to help you. And you can join in : couchsurfing.org
It may also help to ask locals in Ho chi minh city for work and room.

Tam

(moderated: off topic)

Hi,
What job do you want to apply? Can you work in Human Resource field?

Add me on sky i may help you find a job and a suitable place to and some nice places in Ho Chi Minh city. My sky id: hatrang0202

Hello,

Could please give useful information on the forum so that everyone can benefit from it instead of just giving your contact?

Thank you.

Hi Christine

This is some information i hope it help you:

For meet up: Let's join some groups such as: Saigon bar hopping, Saigon pub crawl, meetup

facebook.com/saigon.barhopping?ref=ts&fref=ts
facebook.com/saigonpubcrawl?ref=ts&fref=ts

For Housing

You can find rooms, apartment for share here

craigslist.org

My suggestion is rend an Apartment from 2-3 bedrooms and share it if you want.

apartmentforlease.com.vn

Some middle class Vietnamese apartments from 300 - 600 in BInh Thanh Dist, Dist 10 also good.

Call me if you need help. Ava

Yo! Saigon got YOU!!!! most amazing place I have ever been. Can't stay out of the place. As for work well! What do you have to give?I my self return regularly every three months or so for last three years, plumber by trade, in the construction industry!
Recently I have undertaken a course in teaching English,(TESOL)hopefully after gaining some in house experience in my next return, should see me for want to do!
Next time you are in Saigon I have a drink at a bar called Kim's  district 1 Le Thang Ton street, there you will meet some very interesting people IAN MLINES.

It did and it's still got me really badly. To update on my journey: I applied for 2 jobs (office management related work) and didn't get them because I don't have work permit to work in Vietnam. It's difficult for one to obtain work permit when you're not employed in Vietnam. Most companies don't want to hire you when you don't have work permit. It's catch 22, isn't it?

I've still maintained my hope and faith in moving there some day in the future. Vietnam is still on my mind.

Xin chao Fairfax,

Welcome you to Vietnam.

Saigon is best place to live in Vientam. You should find a job via website online such as vietnamwors.com or timviecnhanh.vn and then you negotiate a labor contract with that company before moving to Vietnam.
Don't forget me once you arrive in Saigon.

Good luck!

Lona

Looking to move to Saigon in about 8 months. What is the best way to do this? Where do I start the process?
Thanks
Jumpmaster

Jumpmaster wrote:

Looking to move to Saigon in about 8 months. What is the best way to do this? Where do I start the process?
Thanks
Jumpmaster

Hi!
Glad to welcome you to Saigon!
By the way, why do you need to move, for work? And how long would you like to stay here? Do you need a job? Or just for traveling?
If you don't mind please explain so we, members can help you!
Good luck!

Hi guys,
Welcome to Viet Nam. Sai Gon is the best place for you to stay.
I think you can reach out at some schools to teach English there. That's an easy job.