Job offer in Saigon/Ho Chi Minh

Hello, I was just offered a position in Saigon. I am originally from Miami, Florida, a native Spanish and English speaker, and quite used to cultural diversity. Actually, in Miami, none of my close friends are even American--but are Honduran, Venezuelan, Cuban, or Colombian. I love diversity and enjoying the customs of other cultures. I am currently interning in Berlin, Germany, and am enjoying it a lot as well, but I haven't ever traveled to Southeast Asia.

I need help with the basics: room to rent, areas to live in, transportation, and basic day to day life etc.
Any type of advice or warning is very welcomed :-)

expect: low cost of living... ok salary... ok atmosphere...

Hi miryamr17! I have moved the topic on the Saigon forum. I hope you get lots of replies...

Good luck
Christine

Hi,
English teachers usually receive 15$ to 20$ per hour. You can send your CV to recruiter company or go knock on schools' door directly. If one works full-time, he or she can earn more than a thousand dollars a month.

Our roommates also teach English since our house is near from many English schools, American high school and universities. We rent out rooms in a big house. Our specialty is that we have the private entrance to each room, each client has his or her own key and the high speed FTTH. More details here: http://vietnam.craigslist.org/roo/1813021198.html

Please feel free to contact me for more info regarding the house, or simply about Saigon.
Best,
Pham

(moderated: no ads please)

Hello,

You can spend around 200$ for rental room.

Cheers,

SaiGon is a brisk sleepless city. If you like to live in the metropolitan area, you should rent apartment in 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 District. (Our districts in Saigon are mostly ordinal numbers.) And for transportation, a motorbike will be best. 'Cause you cannot handle public transportation in Saigon for sure ...

Hi Miryamr17,

Do you have any job and apartment now, Miryamr17? I hope you feel interesting when living in Saigon. I'm not Saigonese, but I do love Saigon. However, life in a modern city in Saigon is not easy.
If you have any trouble in finding accomodation, maybe, I can help you, only thing I can do for you because it's my job. I'm very willing to help you!