Where can i buy Kitchen Equipment, kitchen utensils.

hello everybody,

Im opening a new restaurant in Saigon and i was wondering if anyone could advise me where i can buy all my kitchen equipment & utensils. i am essentially looking for blenders, mixers, stainless steel G/N containers, stainless steel pots & pans etc. i was wondering if there is a professional kitchen  store around in Saigon.

Thank you & i appreciate the support

Haven't been there yet but could check out Eurochef in district 2 http://www.eurochefworldwide.com/our-products/

As I recall while on our way to the airport one time, Lý Thường Kiệt is the (or a)  kitchen equipment street. Lots of stores with stainless steel flowing out onto the sidewalk.
Get a taxi and drive up that street from District 10 towards Tan Binh district.
Pretty sure I have seen some in D5 too but can't remember where.

I've turned the town inside out looking for cast iron pans. Any leads? Anyone?

La Maison on Hoang Hoa Tham, Binh Thanh district has them, but expensive.

Thank you 726dbr, but I've tried those guys. They say they have never had cast iron cookware (I tried both locations, 179 and 93 Hoang Hoa Tham). Mind you, there might have been something lost in the translation.
Best,
Aidan

Did you go there?  I saw them 3 or 4 days ago when I was there...I will go again when I get back on April 25 or 26 and get price and picture for you. It's only a short walk for me...

@726dbr. Thank you, sir!
No, admittedly, I didn't go there. I phoned, got "No English" and a hang-up, but a few minutes later a pleasant lady called me back, speaking English. She seemed to understand what I was looking for though.
Appreciate your doing this! Fingers crossed.

Aidan

I just went today to the one near my house, the 33.66  cm (13.25inch) one was 3,000,000 and smaller one 12 or 15 cm (I think) was almost 900,000

726dbr wrote:

I just went today to the one near my house, the 33.66  cm (13.25inch) one was 3,000,000 and smaller one 12 or 15 cm (I think) was almost 900,000

Thank you, sir, for the report/details. GAK! HOLY MOLY! And to think, I left at least 10 cast iron pans and pots back in Canada, due to my fear of the extra weight charges for luggage. Even with the extra charges, it would have been cheaper to bring them along! Hell, at those prices you quoted, I could have booked them their own seat on the plane.
Well, in spite of the price, I'm in. I'll bite for two of the pan sizes you mentioned. I'm okay using the Teflon coated aluminum pans (though the leaching of Teflon does concern me somewhat), until my VN girlfriend uses them. I've tried to suggest to her that it isn't always necessary to cook with the stove-top elements set to maximum temperature, but I don't think she believes me  :)  . In any event, because of the high temps all of the aluminum pans have now gotten rounded bottoms, and never sit flat as they should. This leads to uneven heat, which drives me round the bend.
I'll challenge her to warp the bottoms of the cast irons. LOL
Thank you again. I'll report back on weight/quality for others who might be interested.

Best for now,
Aidan

EDIT: Sorry 726dbr, but which address did you go to?

And apologies to OP AdrianCY, for hijacking his thread. Please let us know where you're restaurant will be (is?), and the cuisine. Always happy to support a new business.

Hoa Hoang Tham, Binh Thanh District....I thought I had replied yesterday...

AdrianCY, I asked my girlfriend, who has several restaurants as clients (she's an accountant) about where those restaurants had bought their equipment. She said that although she has never shopped at any of the suppliers which she knows her clients use, that a couple of company names came up again and again on the restaurants overhead, header, heady, thingy-ma-jig. I'm obviously NOT an accountant, and she was speaking in Vietnamese for the most part. Anyway, as part of the various operations overhead, these are the one's she knows as being "popular" (that would be until the supplier's bill rolls in, methinks) around town.

1) Horeca Supplies is a big name among her clients, both small and large. I found it by a search, but it shows as Ly Bao Minh Horeca Supplies. "Same, same", I'm told. Nice site, though of course a nice website, and 500,000 VND will get me just under $30 CDN (in other words, the nice site is superfluous [worthless?] if the supplier does not have what you're looking for, at the right price)
see:  http://www.lybaominh.com/index.php/en/

2) One that she personally took a liking to, having been given the tour of a friends restaurant which opened last year, is an Australian company, named Classique (it must be good. Look how they've spelled "Classique" :)  ). Sorry. Couldn't resist. Company name is Classique Restaurant & Hotel Supplies Limited. As stated, they are an Australian company, but have an authorized dealer in HCM. The local dealer/distributor is a company called Bich Van Restaurant and Hotel Supplies.
see: http://www.bichvanshop.com.vn/Index.html  In fact, this might indeed be just what the doctor ordered.

3) She also mentioned that as well as having the restaurants as clients, she also acted as the personal accountant for many of the owners, their chefs, and others who had expenses which could be written off as employment expenses. So, believe it or not, she suggests you visit Ben Thanh Market. Aaaaarrrggghhh. I'm not a fan, and seriously had my doubts, but she swears by the financial disclosures of her clients (LOL!). All kidding aside, I am aware of Ben Thanh having oodles of memorabilia, some tools, T-Shirts which absolutely MUST be washed only in ice-water lest you wish to donate the T to some underfunded daycare (no joke. avoid! as a side note, I bought what I was told was 100% cotton T, khaki coloured, crew neck, XL. Perfect fit too. When I got home, I noticed, with the help of my now donned eyeglasses, that the label was congratulating me on the purchase of my new "Leggings". A label from "Flash Dance" days? One wash, and it was too small for my girlfriend, who is a size S, Asian size). Still, I remained unconvinced that Ben Thanh could hold anything you might need. She called one of her friends who, though not formally trained as a "Chef" certainly walks the walk but will not allow anyone to call him a chef due to his lack of training. Mind you, he'll take the pi$$ out of any who might refer to themselves as a Chef, with out the proper training (paying indulgences, or perhaps performing for some inner coven? Weird lot, covens. LOL). He directed me to look at a site online. I will leave it to you to decide, but after reading the article, I have to admit that Ben Thanh Market might just be worth the traffic/crowd/heat/cramped-surroundings/AND LOUSY Ts, you no good for nothin..... Sorry. Ahem
see: http://mrslodhz.blogspot.com/2011/04/ki … -minh.html

4) and, she concurs with 726dbr on Eurochef, though my gut tells me anything with "Euro..." in it's name will cost you plenty of them. Euros, that is. 726dbr posted a link above.

Good luck sir, and good hunting.
Please let us know what you managed to score (if anything).

Aidan

726dbr wrote:

Hoa Hoang Tham, Binh Thanh District....I thought I had replied yesterday...

Okay, thank you again, sir. I've got two address there (93 and 179), but since they're on the same street I'll use it as an excuse to spend more than I had been budgeting   :)

Wow 3 million for a cast iron pan? I'll be going back home to America for work next month. I know what I'll be bringing back; that along with my little Smokey Joe Weber grill that I bought last time I was home for Christmas but forgot to bring back to Vietnam with me.

179 Hoa Hoang Tham

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed. Please register your services in the business directory. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Happy Cook in Song Hanh St. District 2, if you like or you can order from Salad Master if you want to have a Healthy Food and save some cost also.

Thanks to all, esp 726dbr, for advice. I passed on the cast iron pans. They seemed to lack the weight of my old ones back in Canada, and certainly did not reflect that in their price. Happily awaiting the arrival of my own pans from Canada, shipped last week by my brother.

Aidan

Hi i am looking for a secondhand stand mixer anyone selling ?