Summer teaching jobs HoChiMinh

Hi, I am moving from Ireland to Vietnam to teach English, I have TEFL and bachelors in Business. I am worried that there might be not a lot of jobs from in June July as schools are closed ? What is the best way of finding language centre jobs- online or face to face? Also, I think I will be living in district 1, many jobs there or should I live in another district ? Any help greatly appreciated!

About place to live, district 1 is always expensive. You should also consider district 2, 3, 4, 7, not so far from district 1 but you have to transport by bus or scooter a bit.

Antonio,

Lots if work here and you can live in many Districts.

Inbox me for more details.

Steve

Summer is the peak time for the language centers in Vietnam. Because of the school holiday, they all offer intensive courses with a lot of activities so that parents have somewhere to drop off their kids.

Browse jobs online: https://vietnamteachingjobs.com

and contact some schools that look good
but wait till you arrive before committing to anything.

You would be better off in Thailand . Theres not much here for newbies who are not acclimatised . It seems like it because of all the advertising , but most of the adverts are just the schools wanting to line people up just in case . try Thailand , They will take anyone and the conditions are better by far .

Example . Me .I have been here a long time and even I cant find any decent work nowadays ....despite having tesol , degree . work permit AND lots of experience !!!

zob24 wrote:

Example . Me .I have been here a long time and even I cant find any decent work nowadays ....despite having tesol , degree . work permit AND lots of experience !!!

If you don't mind my asking, how old are you?  Age discrimination is a real thing in the TESOL business in Vietnam.  I was lucky to work for an academic director who saw value in older employees, particularly with respect to willingness to work for more than 6 months without moving on as younger employees tend to do.

THIGV wrote:
zob24 wrote:

If you don't mind my asking, how old are you?  Age discrimination is a real thing in the TESOL business in Vietnam.  I was lucky to work for an academic director who saw value in older employees, particularly with respect to willingness to work for more than 6 months without moving on as younger employees tend to do.

Lots of jobs advertised on Facebook, not sure why you can't find any work.

These days, a lot more people are showing up to teach in VN. So, the supply of teachers may have reached a saturation point.

In addition, many of the schools, especially those who are focused on kiddy classes, prefer the newly-arrived inexperienced and as mentioned, younger teachers who are willing to work for less and have fewer expectations.

Check the link posted above:

https://vietnamteachingjobs.com