Teaching for UK CELTA graduates in Mauritius

Hi

Apologies if it's been posted before.  Having done some research around life in Mauritius I'd like to apply to some private schools as an ESL teacher (English as a Second Language), or EFB (English for Business).  I've taught for 9 years, though mainly health policy, law and science (I know, big jump!).  I have an MA in law and PGCE already and passed my Cambridge CELTA with a grade B.

My questions are,

Could someone afford to live on a teachers wage (basic studio appartment, food etc)?

Is the standard of spoken English so good that native English speaking teachers are not that much in demand?

I think that with a job offer, a VISA, even if for a limited time is possible, but I still have research to do around this.

Many many thanks!
Simon

Hi,

You can if you believe in what you do and you do it in a private school here live St Nicholas or Northfield or any other private school.

Do some research and try to get in contact with those institutions.

Pascal

Hey Pascal 
Thanks for the reply.  My plan was to send out speculative letters with a CV.  Some schools seem perfect; though I'm still trying figure out if there's a catch with the relatively open VISA requirements.  :D

Thanks
Simon