Considering expanding my remedial education business to Mauritius

Hi

I am a remedial teacher in South Africa.

I am considering expanding my remedial education business to Mauritius. To start I would offer a reading/visual therapy programme. I have acquired the rights to certain areas in Mauritius.

I am now looking at the feasibility of this. Are there many people offering private tuition and learning support services.

Can anyone give me names or contact details of educational psychologists and speech therapists in Mauritius.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi.

Depending on your areas of intervention, there might be some scope for Mauritius. But you should note that the market is quite restricted in size and in there finding specific demands can be complicated or not 'commercially viable'.

I'm making this observation based on my experience working with therapist and remedial education professionals who have relocated to Mauritius. Most of them are attached to private schools (where there's a good concentration of expats), some are connected to private hospitals (clinics). I was also quite surprised how reluctant the authorities were in granting Occupation Permit to one neuropsychologist of french nationality - despite the fact that he held qualifications which were not available on the island.

Not to discourage you, but you'll need quite some homework to do before you take the plunge.

All the best.

Thanks so much for the feedback.
This is my real challenge, is getting into schools.
I will not be living in Mauritius and running the business myself, I have made contact with a South African teacher through references who would be running the practice for me as an agent.

I am trying to make contact with Speech therapists and Occupational therapists, even Educational psychologists to assist me with market research.