Speaking Arabic in Algeria

Hi everyone,

It is widely agreed that speaking Arabic is essential for a successful integration in Algeria. Do you agree? Share your experience!

Do you speak Arabic? If so, where did you learn this language? Where can one attend a language course in Algeria?

If not, how do you cope with daily activities? Is it easy to communicate in a different language with Algerians?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hi there,
With french you can survive more than honourably if you are not speaking arabic !
Thx

am Jordanian citizenship so Arabic is my mother language , its easy to deal with Algerian because

Hmmm .. from my perspective i think learning the Algerian accent is much better .. in here we don't walk around talking with each other in Arabic we speak in a very different accent that even arabs won't understand it 100% if you walk around speaking in arabic people will think you're weird our accent is a mixture of Amazigh + Frensh + arabic and that's why it's pretty much different .. if you start with learning the accent you'll end up speaking 2 languages which is great :) anyways my advice is just get along with Algerians around you to learn the accent