Close

Speaking Arabic in Algeria

Hi everyone,

It is widely agreed that speaking Arabic is essential for a successful integration in Algeria. Do you agree? Share your experience!

Do you speak Arabic? If so, where did you learn this language? Where can one attend a language course in Algeria?

If not, how do you cope with daily activities? Is it easy to communicate in a different language with Algerians?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hi there,
With french you can survive more than honourably if you are not speaking arabic !
Thx

am Jordanian citizenship so Arabic is my mother language , its easy to deal with Algerian because

Hmmm .. from my perspective i think learning the Algerian accent is much better .. in here we don't walk around talking with each other in Arabic we speak in a very different accent that even arabs won't understand it 100% if you walk around speaking in arabic people will think you're weird our accent is a mixture of Amazigh + Frensh + arabic and that's why it's pretty much different .. if you start with learning the accent you'll end up speaking 2 languages which is great :) anyways my advice is just get along with Algerians around you to learn the accent

Expatriate health insurance in Algeria

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Algeria

Moving to Algeria

Find tips from professionals about moving to Algeria

Travel insurance in Algeria

Enjoy stress-free travel to Algeria

Flights to Algeria

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Algeria

2 million members!

Watch later