Surfing Buddies/Advice needed in Mauritius

Hi All

I recently moved to Mauritius from South Africa (Cape Town) and am still busy settling in. I will be here for 3 years (or more  ). I am really keen to get in the water and do some surfing. I have done some research on the surf spots and the do and don’t around Mauritius regarding locals and spots. I have been surfing since I was 5 years old so I am not a beginner. I did not bring a board up from SA so I need a little bit of advice on where the best place is to buy a board (7’4 to 7’8 conventional shape with a decent thickness and buoyancy). If anybody out there could point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it.

Happy Surfing!

Hi Santone

We are moving there in March and also from Cape Town.
Need to know all the same info. My husband and my son are very keen surfers have surfed since they where young also.
We will be there for 10 days in November to see where we will live etc. somewhere in the North as it's close to work and schools.
Where do you live ?

Regards Cara

Hi Cara

Good to hear from you and great that you guys are moving here. I have only been here for two weeks but so far so good. Am loving it. I will send you a inbox message shortly.

hey guys, best place to surf is definitely around the south. Best spots at le Morne but also along the south coast. Be careful as current can be dangerous there.

You'll be able to get a board easily as there are surf shops along the coast.

I  advise you not to go surf at tamarin bay were locals will not let you surf at Dal, until you make good friends with local guys.

Hey. Thank you so much for that info. I have heard that the locals at Tamarind can be heavy yes. I will go surfboard shopping this weekend then!

try also mauritius nautic sales on facebook for second hand boards

Questions and answers about leisure

Ask your question
Beach Volleyball Meetup
By Colocourt
Foreigners for Lunch - Ebene
By masterguru
Squash in the North of Mauritius?
By Semoko
Looking for a 'guitar teacher'
By vivekdaby
Upcoming event: Afterwork
By antoinecln
Golf for beginners
By Max971

Expatriate health insurance in Mauritius

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Mauritius

Moving to Mauritius

Find tips from professionals about moving to Mauritius

Travel insurance in Mauritius

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Mauritius

Flights to Mauritius

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Mauritius