Best / cheapest place to buy baby food?

Hey all,

We're coming for a 2-week visit on Thursday. Our younger one is 8 months old. Can anyone tell us which place is best to buy baby milk, baby food, pampers, ...
We've found out Sparkle Image should have those things, and I figure GS in Naxxar will have those things, too. But where's the best place to go (range of products, prices)?

Thanks everyone!

Bernie

This thread will be interesting for me, too since my sister is coming to visit in April with her 10 month old. Having no kids I obviously have no idea of that kind of stuff ;)

I did check out some prices in Lidl though, here are my findings:

3x100g jars with fruit (e.g. prunes, apple, pear - no added sugar) - €1.99
3x80g jars with meat (chicken, etc.) - €2.99

To me that seams really expensive. Would love to hear if there are cheaper options :)

Now that we've returned from Malta again, our answer to our own question ;)

Regarding ready-made baby food (in jars or plastic cups), there is no big price difference between Sparkle Image and ordinary supermarkets or even mini markets. In the end, we bought jars with fruit and with meat in a little corner shop (in Bugibba), they had almost as many to choose from as Sparkle Image or GS Superstore, and the price per jar was about 1.80 for 2x120g fruit (compared to 1,71 at Sparkle Image), and 2.10 for 2x120g meat&veg (1.85 at Sparkle Image). Lidl might be a bit cheaper (see blackangelheart's findings), but the choice is very limited.

Bernie

Hi, we are coming to Bugibba in June with our 8 month old grandson.
Could you tell me which shop sold the baby food please?
Thanks  :)

Hi,

We went to Lidl in Mosta a few times for baby food, but in the end we bought most at Trolees Supermarket in Bugibba (just down Tourist Street, near the bus terminal - you'll find it if you google it).

Have a nice stay :)