Domestic worker abuse in Jordan

ANNE KENNETH wrote:

recently i tried getting out of this domestic job and i was told to pay 2000$ and pay for my ticket home. Now ambon depression pills n waiting till oct when i can get my passport back and go home.

This is really heart breaking....psychological abuse is just as cruel / inhumane as physical abuse.....employers are forbidden by Jordanian employment law to withhold passports and employment papers of their domestic workers.  And after 3 months probabation, the worker can request to go back to their home country if the terms & conditions of employment are breached.....the ticket is to be paid by the employer and all accrued/unpaid salaries.  Some workers are being threated with repayment of the usd 2000 which of course they cant afford, so it becomes a vicious cycle....

For some lucky cases they might could go home when they failed Probation time,and it is not as seem as it is as per my experience working with a Human Resource Agency,they can't go home when they failed they probation time,the Agency will transfer them to other Employers and while they are waiting for the new Employers they will working for Part time basis and they will only get like 10 Jod Max (so,how on Earth they can pay 2000$ if they work only paid for 10 Jod each Part time)

Under which circumstances do they sign a contract?  Usually a contract is being sent to the applicant and returned.

U are really nice thanx for da advise .hw about orther workers like cleaners .waitresses from africa hw are thy treated?