Might be moving to Jordan...where can I look for work? Advice?

Long story short, I married a woman from Jordan, brought her back to Iowa - 2 years later she receives an offer for work in Jordan.  We've established good careers here, but she suffers from terrible depression - and now we have a daughter.  She comes from a large family and I think this might do us some good to go back.

I am scared to leave my challenging and well-paying career here in Cedar Rapids IA (Rockwell Collins).  I have ~5 years experience in electronics repair, troubleshooting, integration, and R&D, as well as Software Engineering - for Commercial and Military Aerospace tech.  Have a lot of experience doing technology consulting and networking. 

What can I do in Amman Jordan?  What about commuting from Israel every week? 

I've spent ~ 2 months there over the past 2 years, vacationing and staying with her family.  I don't seem to have much difficulty picking up arabic, but I just hasn't committed myself to a rigorous study.

You do well to concern yourself with leaving a well paid job to seek employment in Jordan.  I would advise you to seek work in Jordan from Iowa as generally contracts negotiated outside of the country demand higher remuneration.  You should investigate locally paid rates because I am sure that you will find that they do not come close to your current income.  Of course, its swings and roundabouts as the cost of living could be much less if you are living with your wife's family.  Most employer's in Amman seeking to recruit people with your work experience will demand a degree - and Jordanians place great emphasis on schooling. There are many multi-linguil Jordanians with degrees competing for employment. You could try the US Embassy USAID or UN.

yes ! i agree with Brit in Jordan in that income not will be as there , but still enough and good for living in Jordan ..

i think you can get good job here in Jordan , there is many good local and international companies , and also through Gulf countries and north Africa (i mean think bigger ,u dont need think about small place as Israel)