Opening a business in Da Nang

Hello everyone, this is my first post and i would like to introduce myself and hope you can help me answer some of my questions ;)
I'm from Germany and will move to my girlfriend to Vietnam in the middle of October. Our plan is to open a café in Da Nang in a few months but i still have some problems to find a solution about visa and opening a business in Vietnam.
I have a 3-month visa at the moment but would like to get a working permit or a permanent resident visa for some years or more, so I don't have to make these visa runs and are allowed to work. I think I can't get a normal working permit because I'm from the IT-Sector but I heard that if you invest a 'significant amount of money' in a business and become the owner from it, you are able to get a resident visa for some years.

But what is a significant amount of money and has anybody more information or experience with it?
And it would be nice if someone can help me to find accurate sites about opening a business (taxes, law, fees, requirements,...) in Vietnam as a foreigner.

Hope you can help me with some needed information and thank you very much to the owner if this site (already got some helpful information) and of course, to anybody who can help me solve some of my questions.

Hi,

I think  if you are having serious relationship with that girl, you will get married with that girl soon and you can have a Visa exemption. Building up a LTD company will help you to have work permit but total money for building and for fee and tax will be higher than extending visa each 3 month.

If you still keep your decision, don't hesitate to tell me cos I used to establish a company in danang.. I can give you some information for renting a office, accountant and audition at cheapest price.

Regards.

Hi Dejavu.dot,

I will come back to you if we need more information, especially about doing business in Danang. A marriage will not happen the next months and we already decided to open a cafe, so i thought if we invest in a cafe and become the owner that i can stay in Vietnam and get a visa for few years, without extending it every 3 months but maybe I got the wrong information.

I just can´t find how big the investment has to be to get that visa - I will check it when I'm in Danang and will post it if somebody is interested.

Thanks for your help!

luk05, there are some new visa rules that are coming in January, 2015 that you should look into.  Among the rules are 20 new classifications for visas, and one or more of them might apply to your situation.

Wow, thats great news!!! Thanks for sharing DanFromSF ;)

Don't get too excited yet.  The rules are a quite vague right now, and we won't know the full details until they get fully implemented, which will likely be followed by a lot of confusion and/or misinformation on the ground.  Hopefully they'll be an improvement, however.

Oh ok.. yep, let's see and hope!

Dejavu.dot wrote:

...you will get married with that girl soon and you can have a Visa exemption. .

You are, I think , assuming the GF is Vietnamese. Where did the OP say she was VNese?

Opening a coffee shop can't help you to have a 3 year temporary residential card if you don't register it as a company first. I think you are not going to work for the government. In this case, just owning 1 member or 2 member limited company can help you to be an investor so you will have the card. About $10 000 is enough although da nang governors can look you down but you just meet them once to establish the company, no need to meet again.

The new rule isnt changed much.

Jaitch wrote:

You are, I think , assuming the GF is Vietnamese. Where did the OP say she was VNese?

luk05 wrote:

I'm from Germany and will move to my girlfriend to Vietnam in the middle of October.

I wasnt sure so I assumed  that his gf is Vietnamese and he could fix my supposing after that. To me, it isn't polite to ask " is your gf a Vietnamese?".. like nation discrimination.

Dejavu.dot wrote:
Jaitch wrote:

I wasnt sure so I consumed that his gf is Vietnamese and he could fix my supposing after that. To me, it isn't polite to ask " is your gf a Vietnamese?".. like nation discrimination.

I think the word you wanted was 'assumed'.

Yes guys, she is vietnamese. So $10 000, a company and than the cafe. Thanks man, I was looking for that number to calculate some things... Appreciate it.

You are welcome! You can withdraw that sum of money after having bank certification.

hey Guys

I just find a good dress for open the coffe shop. Do you want to got it. Let me know
Truong : (+84) 90573296
Email: [email protected]
facebook.com/truonng44880512

truongdng88 wrote:

hey Guys

I just find a good dress for open the coffe shop. Do you want to got it. Let me know
Truong : (+84) 90573296
Email: [email protected]
facebook.com/truonng44880512

How do you know if the dress will fit?

I have experience to find a new location for domino pizza and AIM - Cafe to go Project in Ha Noi last yeard

truongdng88 wrote:

I have experience to find a new location for domino pizza and AIM - Cafe to go Project in Ha Noi last yeard

That's good, so you obviously found a suitable dress that fit that building.