Want to start a company dealing with BIOMETRICS and AUTOMATION.

hi everyone,
           I have visited Mauritius once last year and this blog has actually helped me secure a very decent and cheap accommodation, i am thankful to who ever started this blog. Its really a very pleasant place to live after returning from Mauritius i always keep thinking of ways to come back there and settle down.
               I run a company which provides biometric time and attendance and access control systems.Home automation and commercial automation solution, touch panels, Closure automations etc. I just want you people to suggest me about how explored the area is as of now and would it be a good idea to start a company with such a product profile.

please post your suggestion i really want to be there.

Hi Kittu and welcome back to Mauritius forum,

If you did not do it already, I would suggest that you read all related topics on the forum since April 2010 first because since that period new rules apply for investors as well as self-employed and btw any foreigner who wants to come to Mauritius to reside!

Then if you think that your project can go with those new rules, build up your project and contact the BOI to see if your project might be accepted.

Good luck
Arlette

Hi Arlette,
           Firstly thanks for replying, I have gone through the new changed rules and i am positive about the my project meeting the requirements set for an individual under the self- employed category. I have been to the BOI the last time i was there but unfortunately couldn't really finalize a project.
             My product profile primarily consists of Automatic Gates and barriers  For residences as well as commercial premises. Biometric devices which can be helpful to for all sort of companies to record their time and attendance. And Home Automation which includes Touch Panels, wireless remotes, AV distribution systems and much much more.

So i want to know more from people like you residing over there about how good an idea it would be to venture into a segment like this in Mauritius?
Would people prefer technology like this and are there any leading companies supplying solutions like these already?
And how common is the automation thing in Mauritius and have you come across any of the technologies i have written?

Hi Kittu,
You're welcome but on your new questions I'll leave it to the active people on the website who will be better placed to answer those. I'm a retired person... LOL

Hi there!

I just fall on this post looking for home automation (domotique) in Mauritius (Maurice) and I'm quite interested about it. A few years ago, I started an HA Open software:[Moderated]
The soft is now obsolete (Moderated) is so much better) but I'm still thinking about making a cheap HA system as an alternative to the expensive one on the market.

Pierre Doleans
[email protected]

HI Kittu,

Yep that would definitely work here.Now is a good time for investing in automation in MRU because people are becoming aware of how useful this can be.

Biometric is being implemented in a lot companies.

So I would say, you should give it a try!

Hi there kittu,

A few years ago I worked for one of the largest companies in that field in Mauritius. Feel free to msg me.

HI Kittu,

Last year I attended Mauritius's electronic show. There were several companies with Biometric security/time attendance devices. I would really do your homework and dive deeper into your research. I believe there are companies offering these products.

Hi Kittu

I am actually planning to start my company in home automation here in Mauritius.

I came across this post by accident. It's an old post from 2010. So if you are still interested (In 2013) or already here in Mauritius, do contact me.

Will see if things work out.

Regards

Krishna

Hello Krishna -> Welcome to Expat.com :) As you've already stated, this thread is old. You may create a new one on the Mauritius Forum. Thanks. Karen :)

Hi Krishna

If you started your Home Automation business in Mauritius, please get in touch as I have an incredible new technology that would interest you. I am looking for somebody to represent me in Mauritius who is involved in the Home Automation industry.

Dave Eddy

Hi Kittu,

Your project seems to be very viable and now is a good timing to invest in automation in Mauritius. Biometric devices are becoming more popular and are being implemented in many companies here in Mauritius.

I do have a solution for your desired project in Mauritius kittu. Please do give me a call on (+230) 59506201.
Thanx.

Kind regards

Neetesh

@ Neetesh > Just to inform you that this thread is very old (2010) :)

Thanks

Priscilla

Thanks for reminding me that Priscilla!

Kind regards