Deploying to Kuwait. What should I bring?

Suggestion please on what to pack up.... I will be working in Kuwait for two years - hopefully  :)  Thanks!

I'll tell you first what not to bring:
- Alcohol
- Narcotics (even if it is legal in your country)
- Food (Yes ... they confiscate it sometimes)
- Furniture (What a hassle!)

Now for what to pack, the concept is not to buy. As far as I'm concerned, I don't like going to a country and having to go shopping for a week to get the necessary things I need. So you wanna bring:
- Clothes (Duh) but I mean those which are suitable for Kuwait (nothing that grabs unwanted attention)
- Personal hygiene stuff
- Papers that prove your proficiency and qualifications (Duh, again!)
- Any gadgets which you feel are necessary (mobile, camera, laptop and the like)
- And of course, a big smile, a good attitude and A LOOOOOOOOOOT of common sense

Good luck

Hahaha...  :top:
And of course, I'll bring myself..lol  :D
Thank you @justfedup you've been very helpful!

Justfedup: furniture is probably the only thing I disagree with depending on your style you might have a hard time refurnishing your new place and I don't know about you guys but my furniture makes me feel at home no matter where in the world I am :)

Avahlee: if you don't use drugstore hair products STOCK UP and for your eyes only but depending on what kind of "lady products" you use you may want to stock up on that too because it will be IMPOSSIBLE to find here lol they have some but they're crappy and bulky if you're catching my drift. If not feel free to PM me :)

@tinataitlyn when I posted my reply I knew something was missing and I was waiting to see what will be added to the list I suggested. Your suggestion turns this post into a workable moving solution. Thanks for posting, good addition, with a female touch ;)

@tinataitlyn & justfedup: Thank you! I'll check my things and if I'm in doubt I'll get back to you ... :)

Hi.i think you should have some antibiotics coz medicine  her is so expensive. Some books too if you like reading . Some fresh air and a lot of memories about gardens open air . Rivers

hello gogonsr and welcome to Expat.com :)

as far as books are concerned, there are quite a few good places to pick them up here in Kuwait - Bait Lothan's Q8Books (They have their own bookclub too!), better books cafe (Salmiya - behind al rashid hospital) and Jarir Bookstore (Hawally - Tunis St) to name a few!

books are a bit expensive here tho, as they are around the world.

but as far as the antibiotics go, straight on. just dont get too much meds with u lest they think ur starting a business and confiscate it. enough not to arouse suspicion, and if ur job gives u private medical insurance, ur all set :)

Hello Dear, welcome to Q8, most of the people stop buying books they read soft copies now or but some lother (me one of them) prefer real books, anyway u'll find reasonable prices during Q8 book show.
Some places can hangout in during summer but during winter and the short spring u can go to walk on beaches, it is amazing. How many months in kuwait yet? enjoy