20000aed is enough to live in Abu Dhabi?

My husband had a job offer in Abu Dhabi for 20000 aed monthly. The company will pay for 2 bedroom and all utility and health insurance. They give us an extra 35000 aed yearly school expense for my two kids. It that enough for a family of 4. I'm a nail technician so hopefully I can get a job over there. I really got a good job high income in the USA.  My husband just want to try out a new place but I'm kind if scare. Should I move or stay where I'm?

yeah its very cool coz u will not pay for accomdations and health care

dear mum yes, you can move to there.gulf region cheaper than the states..

Thanks !!! I feel much better now.

dont just go by few comments. check other forums for average costs as per ur lifestyle.

In my opinion that's a really good offer, for you however you can work as a nail technician but over here there are a lot of asians already doing that for a very low pay. Move here it'll be good. It's sounds like a wonderful opportunity. visit www.expatwoman.com so you can get a lot of info in their forums. If you want a clear vision on the lifestyle here it would good to visit timeOut Dubai. I hope everything will work out fine. oh btw. we don't have taxes so it's pretty much what you get is what you have. you don't owe the government much besides the usual things like electricity, and what not. So you wouldn't need to worry about tax returns and stuff like that although you'll need to check out what the states say about their citizens living outside because i heard something about canada needing to pay something of a sort.  Either way please do your research especially about the company! and that the contract is all legit. I wish you the very best. let us know when you're here and all settled.

i agree please DO UR RESEARCH this its a big step...

Since they cover the accommodation costs, which is really the most expensive part, 20K AED can be enough,
Cost of Living varies from item to item... Rent and Health insurance is more expensive here, but it is covered by his employer. A car and gas is about the same, and many companies also provide it.

Food, is more expensive here than in the US... but is not so significant that it will make a difference.

School, well, depends on where you send your children to school. Are they giving you 35K for both, or 35K each?

For instance the American International School run in the upper 50K AED per year per child. So, all those things you must consider, there are others cheaper, but it would depend on where you live, and other such things.

As far as you working here, as another person commented, Nail technicians are pretty abundant, and the pay is pretty low 2 to 3K AED per month, which would probably not make it worth your while to work. I would suggest you get a TEFL certification, and you teach English to Local children, or even adults.

Anyway, the life here is pretty nice, worry free with regards to certain dangers which are very common in the US... Abu DHabi is not very stressful, quite a laid back city, and even though it can get 120 F in the summer, you adapt your life style, and pretty much go from AC to AC.... :-)

The people in general are great, friendly and educated (of course there are exceptions everywhere)

If I was you, I would not hesitate, it would be an educational experience for you and your children which will be very valuable... Imagine, your children can go to school with 20 different nationalities.

Anyway, good luck

Thanks for all the comments, the company help 35k for both kids. Since doing nails are pay that low then it's not worth for me to work at all. I had a bs degree in computer so hopefully I can get an IT entry level job since I didn't do that for a while.

We actually got the paper offer breakdown today and here what we got:
Basic salary in aed 18,886
Transportation allowance 2509
Phone/utilities 301
Child education 2008
Air ticket 1041
Total monthly compensation 24745
Housing are 3 bedroom unit or receive an allowance if we look for out own.
Heath insurance all cover for the whole family.
One time furniture setting in allowance 27,551 with first full months's salary.
Reimbursement up to 9184 moving cost.

It that a good deal? Are we ok to live there for the family of four. If only my husband's working? Should we take it or not?

ask your husband to tell comp. increase salary to 30000aed
then it will be good