English guy new in Saigon

my name's Joe, I'm 25.

I've been here for a couple of months now, working as a teacher, and I'd like to get to know more about this country, this city and this culture :)

If anyone wants to meet up to hang out and chat, or maybe do a language exchange, or a cultural exchange, or visit some cool places, I'd love to do that!!

I like playing and listening to live music, writing, climbing, swimming, basketball...loads more

drinking? :)

Hope you enjoy your time in VN :)

Hey :) I wanna hang out with you :)

HI, I was just wondering how you went about finding work as a teacher? I've been here a month and have just started looking. Do you know of anywhere that is hiring? Whereabouts did you get work and what kind of hours...any help gratefully accepted. It's a bit confusing at first here...Anyhow, I'm Barry and welcome to Saigon!

sorry I've been slow in replying to posts and messages!  my computer is broken, I'll start replying now!

Firstly, Welcome you to Vietnam!
I hope you enjoy your stay and work here!
Would you like to drink something on the weekend, if needed - coffee or tea, for instance. I often go out and sip coffee at Thu Thiem bridge, relax and talk about anything every weekend - it really exiting.
If you are free, join with us. We can talk about more.
My Skype acc: boy.lutubu :)

I'm glad make friend and share with you!
Nice day :D

Welcome!
You should go to Internations networking events and visit their website.
i met a lot of people there when i arrived, and now most of them are still very close friends.
see u!

Hello Joe, I'm looking for someone who like and can play pool?  I'd hang out playing pool if your interested.

Hi.
My name's Huy. I'm 20.
I hope we can become best friends.
My english is very bad but i can help you discovery HoChiMinh city.
We can hang out, coffee when free time.

U can click some link to find a job, be a teacher at ho chi minh city.

raovat.vnexpress.net/rao-vat/17/can-tuyen/503067976-tuyen-giao-vien-nuoc-ngoai-day-tieng-anh.

discovereltvietnam.com/page.php?p=157hre#splash

hope u find job.

hani

anyone need a big condo at usd960 for 210m2 ? call me 0985998808, i am the owner

Hi  asianet,

Welcome to expat-blog!

I suggest you to post an advert Houses for rent in Saigon section, this might be helpful. :)

Thank you,

David.

asianet wrote:

anyone need a big condo at usd960 for 210m2 ? call me 0985998808, i am the owner

i think its better if u can give a brief description of the place and the area.

Nice to meet you.
If you want to hang out, drink coffee and talk, let me know. I really like it.
My Email: francis0982785848@gmail.com
My cell phone: 0982785848

See you soon.

josephambrose wrote:

my name's Joe, I'm 25.

I've been here for a couple of months now, working as a teacher, and I'd like to get to know more about this country, this city and this culture :)

If anyone wants to meet up to hang out and chat, or maybe do a language exchange, or a cultural exchange, or visit some cool places, I'd love to do that!!

I like playing and listening to live music, writing, climbing, swimming, basketball...loads more

hey let s hang out. i d love to make friends with u