Expat blog gatherings in Saigon

Hi all!

What about meeting the other Saigon Expat.com members in real life? Organizing an Expat.com meet up would be an excellent way to know them! :)

An Expat.com meet up can be a diner gathering, having coffee, a bring and share in a nice place, a cultural or sports activity, etc. There are plenty of possibilities: just imagine a pleasant way to meet new people and old friends from Expat.com.

Feel free to organize Expat.com get-togethers in Saigon: you would meet the other members in a friendly atmosphere and have a good time together!

Of course, we could offer some help to organize your meet up and to inform the community.

So, who's in? Do not hesitate to start a new thread to suggest an Expat.com gathering in Saigon. ;)

Best,

Julien

Hi Julien,
Do you realise that Saigon and Ho Chi Minh City is the same place??
You have posted this in both HCMC and Saigon. Expat.com should combine the two forums so that Saigon and HCMC are one.

Hello SydneyShane.

Thank you for the suggestion.

We are taking note of it. ;)

Aurélie

SydneyShane wrote:

Expat.com should combine the two forums so that Saigon and HCMC are one.

I can't recall how long this is supposed to have been happening for.....

I suspected as such.. I emailed quite some time ago too and it was supposedly being looked at.

Its cool, I would love to join the expat gathering. Sounds interesting!

:one
Have this ever happened before?
I saw a lot of same topics out there, where are the organisers ?

Hi guys,

sorry for the delay in merging forums. We've never done it before, and have to reprogram a few things .. but we'll do it :)

I would love to join Expat.com gathering...yay

Hi

I am pretty new here, i would love to help to organize the meet up party. i will have plenty of time by next month.
So Julie, please let me know that can i do to assist you
contact me via thuy_t_bird[at]yahoo.ca

CHeers

cool, but it still lacks sb who's willing to step forward :)

Sounds interesting!

Re: rojamin  ,
Why dont u?

Hi Julien

sound interesting! I wanna make friend with new people soon. :))

Kim Ngan

cindyluu wrote:

Re: rojamin  ,
Why dont u?

I deeply appreciate your concern but the reason why I don't step forward may be I am completely new to the city (I'm not even in HCMC yet ;) not until tomorrow night)? If I knew many venues and stuff I would definitely organise something ;)

hi julien,
i think it's a good thing you propose to do. meeting people in a country where you don't know anybody is very important. i arrived here 1week ago, so i'd like to meet people to discover that country in a funny way and not only for working.
so like you said, if people meet to have a drink or something else, i'd like to meet people and have good times also!!:)
so you have my e-mail adress on the site, or maybe you'd like me to give it to you, just let me know.:)
hope you'll answer me soon.
:)

I would be happy to host a party with a dj or something, or is that too full on ?? lol

I have faith in you your Wizardship. Patience is not passive, it is active concentrated strength.

Julien wrote:

Hi guys,

sorry for the delay in merging forums. We've never done it before, and have to reprogram a few things .. but we'll do it :)

sghsaigon  has the right idea !!! let him host it!

sound great, I want to join too :)

Hello everyone!

You are free to propose a date, a place for the MeetUp & the time.;)

Hope that other members will follow,
Harmonie.

hi everyone, if there is a date and a place, i'd like to come, just tell me, it would be grate to meet people!!:)

Love to join !!!  Wanna make new friends here !!!

Harmonie +1 :)

please propose a date/time (minimum 2 weeks in advance) and location, and I'll give a special exposure to the meetup on the forum

sooo, I finally make it to Saigon and had 3 wonderful days with relatives so far. Eating out, driving away, first new friends but still, I have to wait for my bike to arrive hehehe.

Hope that anyone of you would host a party this weekend. Can't resist myself jumping in :D

someone doing something tonight??

this is a joke ..

laidbackfreak wrote:
SydneyShane wrote:

Expat.com should combine the two forums so that Saigon and HCMC are one.

I can't recall how long this is supposed to have been happening for.....

I just received a confirmation from the admin called Julien, and he promises to merge the 2 rooms within 9 days. Well, let's see!

Hi when does this take place??!!!

trang126 wrote:

hi ,guys

i really like to go to night club ,
but ...at my age (27)  almost my friends have their "small family" .so ,sometimes it's hard to find some one to go with ....
if you guys have any plan going out,pm me .plzzz

thanks and love alls!

LOL

similar situation

but not quite the same ;D

sghsaigon wrote:

I would be happy to host a party with a dj or something, or is that too full on ?? lol

Im a DJ from the UK looking for gigs, id be happy to play :)

great idea ^^

some expat have some crazy thinking at night club...
i love night club with my means : a place to relax,dance,have soft drink,then go home to sleep...
huhm....
quite fun , I & my friend back home at 1am,(Lush) , 2 Korean guys ask us " go home or somewhere else"....may be my friend wanna go some more, it's ok , but I'm not.....

i hope i would find some friends have same favorite (write "favorite" is right/wrong...my words is bad T__T)...whatever their meaning bout 9club- but hope u,guy,don't find me like that mean"go home or somewhere else"

hehe...

goodnight all friends!

trang126 wrote:

hi ,guys

i really like to go to night club ,
but ...at my age (27)  almost my friends have their "small family" .so ,sometimes it's hard to find some one to go with ....
if you guys have any plan going out,pm me .plzzz

thanks and love alls!

I am also 27, enjoying not having my own "small family" and have a lot of girl friends who are around my age and still very single, buzz me if you want to hang out with us (i dont promise there are man with us when we go out)

i would love to be included
great idea to meet friends

Just wonder if any meet-up hosted so far?

Nhung11281 wrote:

Just wonder if any meet-up hosted so far?

Have been for 2. There's one this week. The thread's here.