Meetup for Expat entrepreneurs

Hi,
I will be in HCMC until the 8.1. and just wanted to exchange some ideas and chitchat with fellow souls. I would provide the space, so that we do not have to pay for one (my place is in district one near Hi Ba Trung). Just bring along something to drink.
What about the 3rd of January 2015, 5pm?
Let me know if you plan to come, so that I can inform the doorman.
Best,
Verena

Hello,

I'm not available then, but I'm interested.  What are your thoughts about opportunites?

Regards,
Danny

That sounds like a good idea. Let me know where it is at, and I will be there.

A great idea indeed for people with entrepreneur spirit to meet up. I am at present in Malaysia but will be back HCM city January. Keep me posted, Thanks.

Interested.

Im living in district 1 too. Nice to meet you!

OK sounds interesting, count me in.

Hi,

@Danny: we are actually working location independant at the moment, so I could not tell you about opportunities here in Vietnam.
@all: great, looking forward to meet you I guess with that amount of people we are complete.
My intention is too just have a meetup of like minded souls and exchange ideas. And to keep up the spirit.
Please send me an email with your name and last name so that I can inform the doormen that you are coming.
And whatever you bring along for drinking, please do not bring red wine. They have really posh carpets here which I do not want to staim. ;-)

Date: 3rd of January 2015, 5pm
Adress: The Landmark, 5b Ton Duc Thang Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
If you walk: The street numbers can be confusing; it's the easiest to come from Hai Ba Trung and then turn left along the water until you see the Landmark building .

https://www.google.de/maps/place/The Landmark, Tôn Đức Thắng, Bến Nghé, Quận 1, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam/@10.7778683,106.706819,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x31752f45f585acc1:0x66d71e4bd9fa3545

Hi,
I need to change to date to 7pm on Sunday,4th of January 2015. Hope that works for you!  :top:
Best,
Verena

That actually works much better for me.

Is there an apartment number or unit number we have to go to?

Hi,

I am Phuc. Nice to meet you. It's a great idea. Can I join you? I do business in tailoring here. You can view my profile Phuc Tong on linkedin.

Phuc

Hi Verenavaleria,

Interested in the meet-up with like minded persons.

Please send relevant details to me at [email protected].

Thanks,

Michael.

Hi,
the number of the room is 1101.
Best,
Verena

Hi!

Looking forward to meet all of you fellow Expat entrepreneurs at The Landmark, Room 1101 tonight 7pm!

Adress: The Landmark, 5b Ton Duc Thang Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
If you walk: The street numbers can be confusing; it's the easiest to come from Hai Ba Trung and then turn left along the water until you see the Landmark building .

https://www.google.de/maps/place/The Landmark, TÎn Đức Thắng, Bến Nghé, Quận 1, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam/@10.7778683,106.706819,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x31752f45f585acc1:0x66d71e4bd9fa3545

Best,
Verena

HI,

My name is Tung. I am a Vietnamese entrepreneur. I really would like to meet and have some talk with entrepreneurs from abroad. Therefore, please inform me if you guys have any plans for a meet-up

Hope to see you guys soon :)

We should schedule another meetup. Who else is interested?

I'm interested, but I have limited time to meet in the evenings.

Me, too. Maybe we should organize on a Sunday morning

Sunday morning a lot of expats go to church. Lunch on Sunday might work.

Ok. So we can have a lunch together

Hi, i am interested. Keep me updated!

Hi Guys & Gals,

I was part of the original meet-up that was organised several weeks ago. It was a relaxing evening with interesting people and I for one would love to do it again.

I have the email addresses of the last attendees and can contact them of any future events if we can come to some consensus regarding time and place.

What may also be useful is that people who attend submit some sort of agenda item to be discussed so that the discussions do not meander aimlessly and all participants have a chance to put something on the table. This agenda item can be tabled at the beginning of the meeting with each being addressed if considered appropriate by the group.

My two cents.

Please keep me informed when a meeting time is organised. I am OK both after-hours or weekend, whatever works for the majority will work for me.

Thanks,

Michael.

How about meeting up mid-day on Feb. 8th? I think it is a good idea to get a rough agenda. Some topics I would be interested in are: how to build your network, legal structures for your businesses, and pricing schemes.

Ohh im too late to see this post. Let me know if anyplan to meet up nexttime i live close to hai ba trung too. :-)

Hi All,

I see that mid-day for Sunday the 8th of February has been mentioned. I cannot commit to this as I have to take my son to martial arts training Sunday mornings at the Manor.

If the location is close by maybe I can attend otherwise I will have to ask for a leave pass and meet you guys on some other date.

Good to see that so many are committed to catching up, we should do this on a (semi)regular basis if we have enough participants. I will keep an eye on this thread.

Thanks,

Michael.

We have been discussing this through an email chain, and the plan is to meet at The Spotted Cow for dinner at 6pm. If you need help finding which group is ours, I'll be the bald white guy in a polo, shorts, and cheap black co-op mart sandles. If you want my contact information, go to the website listed on the left, under my picture.

Is there another one this March?

We don't have one planned, but if there is enough interest I wouldn't be opposed to another one.