Australian looking to make friends in Saigon :)

Hi all

Im Adam i will be living and teaching in Saigon soon im trying to get a place in District 1. If others are living here or close and would like to take some time to show me something Vietnamese i would love to hear from you. :):):lol:

Hi Adam,
I'm My Thuong. Nice to meet you and make friend with you. I live in Phu Nhuan District. I'm willing to show you somthing about Viet Nam. I'm available on weekends. Here is my mobile No. 0988 259 813.

I live in Saigon and my pleasure to help you :)

Thankyou, i will keep in contact :)

Hi
Nice to meet you.
I'm glad to help you. I can speak both Vietnamese and English well Contact me at [email protected]
Thanks

Helloooo Adam
Nice to hear that u r gonna be in Saigon. I'm Nhung-can call me Roses. These days quite of under pressure due to studying, so i'm trying to find out some friends hanging out for fun. If you feel interested in, send me a message.Nice day!

Hi dude,
I am Truc but i can call me gibby. It will be great if we can meet, i will help you with your vietnamese. So if you are interested in this, please message me.
I hope we can catch up with each other

Hi Adam,

When do you move to Saigon? I fly on the 6th of Jan and will also be teaching.

I've visited for a week so if you want any info/advice let me know!

Michael

hi Adam,
I am living in Saigon. I am very pleased to help you. see you in saigon in someday. by the way, happy new year!!

Bonesy wrote:

Hi Adam,

Michael

Hi michael, i should be flying into HCMC early march to teach, still tying up a few loose ends back at home. If your interested in catching up for a beer of two sometime in march keep in touch.

cheers mate.

klavsy wrote:
Bonesy wrote:

Hi Adam,

Michael

Hi michael, i should be flying into HCMC early march to teach, still tying up a few loose ends back at home. If your interested in catching up for a beer of two sometime in march keep in touch.

cheers mate.

Sounds good mate, PM me when you get into Saigon!

Hi all,
I'm in a similar situation, just moved to Saigon yesterday and currently staying in district one- very excited to be here. I'd be keen to meet for a drink and meet new friends and get some help or advice, please contact me. thank you : )
Stefan

Hi Adam

I am based in HCMC, Phu Nhuan district. It would be nice if we can meet for a cup of coffee sometimes at weekend. I am working as a freelance writer and look to making soem new friends. My phone is 0936 230 532. Hope to be in touch.

i'm glad to help you!i'm living in Sg.
by the way!i have a suggest,Everybody who has an interesting with English and wanna improve or make friend with foreign people.we'r going to contact together to make a group. Do you thinks so
i'm Minh Dat and myEmail: [email protected]

Welcome! :D
Count me in with ur meet up :P
The best to contact me 0120 2585 257
Regards!

stef_s wrote:

Hi all,
I'm in a similar situation, just moved to Saigon yesterday and currently staying in district one- very excited to be here. I'd be keen to meet for a drink and meet new friends and get some help or advice, please contact me. thank you : )
Stefan

Hi Stefan,
Warm welcome from Vietnam,
I'm living in district 7, my boyfriend is at center of district 1. Before I met him, I'd had no idea where to eat, entertain or have fun with friends in district 1. But now, things are so exciting here. It's quite weird I'm Vietnamese but not so aware of these places. My boyfriend took me to these places and they surprised me everytime I came back. I recommend Parachan in Hai Ba Trung street for a nice drink (2-3usd) and amazing performance of Spanish singers&dancers (They dance on the table where you have ur drink, that freaked me out the first time, but was amazing and I had so much fun). I also love Vasco that is some walkstep from Parachan and a nice bar for dancing or screaming in the exciting loud music on weekends. About food, let try Skewer, Elbowroom, Bernie, Sharakan (that indian name beats me) or a whole bunch of restaurants which are in French, Germany, Spanish style of food.
There are so many things wonderful in district 1. This is the nicest time of the year with perfect temperature in Hochiminh. I hope you will have fabulous time in our country.
Make some friends and hang out with them, you will have nice experience here.
Stephanie.

stephanie6206 wrote:
stef_s wrote:

Hi all,
Stefan

Hi Stefan,
I'm living in district 7, my boyfriend is at center of district 1. Before I met him, I'd had no idea where to eat, entertain or have fun with friends in district 1. But now, things are so exciting here. It's quite weird I'm Vietnamese but not so aware of these places. My boyfriend took me to these places and they surprised me everytime I came back. I recommend Parachan in Hai Ba Trung street for a nice drink (2-3usd) and amazing performance of Spanish singers&dancers (They dance on the table where you have ur drink, that freaked me out the first time, but was amazing and I had so much fun). I also love Vasco that is some walkstep from Parachan and a nice bar for dancing or screaming in the exciting loud music on weekends. About food, let try Skewer, Elbowroom, Bernie, Sharakan (that indian name beats me) or a whole bunch of restaurants which are in French, Germany, Spanish style of food.
There are so many things wonderful in district 1. This is the nicest time of the year with perfect temperature in Hochiminh. I hope you will have fabulous time in our country.
Stephanie.

Hi Steph,

I am interested to know more about the dancing performance in Parachan.I would love to see that.My question is, is their a particular time they do these performances? If you happen to know, please let me know. I am excited to see it.Last month, I was invited by my landlady to a ballroom dancing session with her friends.I enjoyed dancing the ballroom, it brought back memories of my P.E classes with my friends way back in high school and university.We had so much fun then.

Hi Anna,
I've been there 4 times on different weekdays and weekends. I don't think they have the dance performance on schedule. It was their sudden inspiration and I saw them dance Latin dancing once. Maybe because I didn't stay long enough (I usually left at 10:30pm). I hope you can catch the beautiful dance when you get there.
Stephanie.

annawang wrote:
stephanie6206 wrote:
stef_s wrote:

Hi all,
Stefan

Hi Stefan,
Stephanie.

Hi Steph,

I am interested to know more about the dancing performance in Parachan.I would love to see that.My question is, is their a particular time they do these performances? If you happen to know, please let me know. I am excited to see it.Last month, I was invited by my landlady to a ballroom dancing session with her friends.I enjoyed dancing the ballroom, it brought back memories of my P.E classes with my friends way back in high school and university.We had so much fun then.

That sounds great. I'll try.

Hi klavsy!
I'm Phương!
Nice to meet you. I am looking foreigner to learn English and exchange culture. If you aren't afraid, i want to be friend

Nice meet you, klavsy! it great having a new friend joining my lovely network ;)

As a Vietnamese, welcome everyone come this country ! Have a good memory to all you !

Hi Adam

I'm Ngoc Nhanh. Nice to meet you and make friend with you. I live on Ly Thuong Kiet Street,district 10.I can speak both Vietnamese and English.My email:[email protected]
My phone is 0979038228