Computers & Phones

Is it cheaper if I purchase a new laptop in the UK or wait until I get to Kuwait? And if yes which store?

Also, already have an Iphone. Which network is the best/cheapest for pay as you go tariff until I am resident in Kuwait?

Hii welcome to kuwait in advance

You can compare prices and see where to buy from. Check www.xcite.comwww.blink.com.kw these are ones of the best stores here.

We have 3 mobile operators: Zain, Wataniya and Viva. Zain has the best coverage but Viva has the cheapest plans and charges which is also has good coverage.

Thank you for your warm welcome!!

Thank you also for the information in your post!

It appears that most things are slightly cheaper in Kuwait but there is not much in it!

Noted on the mobile coverage!
Can I purchase pay as you go without having full residence?

You are welcome

Yeah maybe because of the tax that we dont pay here.

I will ask a friend who works in Viva and tell you later today.

Thank you again for your help! :)

As far as I know, you cannot get any contract plan without having your civil ID.

Thank you for your help :)

For your plan, I know for sure you can't get one unless you have your own civil ID, which will take a couple of months to get till the paperwork gets through.
What everyone does is that someone from your office or new friends will go with you and buy the sim card in their name and they pass it on to you. When your Civil ID is issued, you go back to the provider and switch the number from their name onto yours.

Thanks for the advice :)

You can also just go in and buy a pay as you go Sim (called 'pre-paid' in Kuwait)costs about 5KD. 

You will need to get your iPhone unblocked though or the sim won't work. 

I just went into Future (like carphone warehouse) and bought a pre-paid phone and Sim, cost 30kd and its a decent samsung phone