Satellite TV vs paying for Broadband

Hello everyone.

Does anyone know if it is worth paying for a satellite service that will have more English channels on it? We currently download/stream via the internet but as we are in a block with shared internet, this is not always ideal. Is there the SKY equivalent in Kuwait?

If not we were thinking paying to have broadband installed to get a better speed, again has anyone had any experiance and is it worth it? we currently average between 1.5 and 2Mps

Thanks again

Jon

Nilesat has plenty of English channels on it; all of the MBC channels, dubai one, Fox movies & FOX, all you need is a normal decoder/receiver.

as for your internet needs - you could either go with that unlimited internet thingie that is advertised in kiosks around the malls of kuwait, or install a landline and contact KEMS, Qualitynet or Fasttelco for broadband - they currently have offers that could suit your fancy.

Hi Doubty 1.5-2Mps seems pretty impressive for Kuwait :D You should be able to stream fine with that. OSN is the equivalent of sky (no footy thoguh) I pay around 20KD a month for a package and have a recordable box (Sky HD+ equivalent) does the job, mainly US programmes but they do have Granada if your missing Corrie/Emerdale!!

Hi Jon,

Whatever you do. Dont let anyone convince you of that reciever that you hook up to the internet and it breaks the code of any channel. Not only its illeagal, it doesnt work.

As for my experience with the internet usb in Kuwait, it doesnt matter what speed you get. It will be very very slow on internet usage rush hours. Not sure abound land line onternet though.

Wish i could help you more, but thats all I know from personal experience.

Off roader, the reason the illegal box doesn't work well is due to the slow internet speed, if you have a dedicated fibre optic line, slightly pricey and not available in all area, it will work fine. I had mine for 12 months and got Sky Italy (all the football and Movies) and loads of other channels... unfortunately moved apartment and internet speed is too slow and can't get fibre optics in this area.....DOH!!!