Verizon iPhone

I have a verizon iPhone and will be moving to Kuwait.  Verizon has told me they don't have service in Kuwait.  Can I bring this iPhone and use it through another cell phone service so it will work in Kuwait or should I just get a new phone in Kuwait?
thanks for any help!

I don't think that it will work here. The cell companies here use the same network as at&t and t-mobile so the verizon iphone antena won't be able to pick up those network signals:(

ur iPhone can be cracked, but it will cost u i think. it can be done.

The Verizon IPhone has a CDMA antenna which is different than the GSM/UMTS antenna used in the TMobile and AT&T IPhone version.  There are no cell companies here that use the CDMA signal.  The 3 cell companies here (Zain, Wataniya, and Viva) use GSM/UMTS signals. It is a hardware issue not a software issue so cracking the phone won't make a difference.  For these reason I believe the Verizon and Sprint IPhones will not work in Kuwait.

I have a iPhone from America and is locked to AT & T and you have open by turbo sim, can you remember me that the version number of your system in the iPhone?

Thank you for the replies... yes Verizon iPhone is CDMA technology so there is no way to unlock the phone to work in Kuwait.  I will have to get a different phone when I get there!