Alien in Paris

Hi there

I arrived last week in Paris. I'll be staying here until mid May. It would be great to get to know some people who live here. Insider restaurant & bar tips are also very welcome.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Hi blueberry23!

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Armand

Hi Armand

Thanks! Are you currently in Paris?

No, i'm in Mauritius.
Hope the forum will help you make new contacts in Paris though ;)

Regards
Armand

Hi Blueberry23 !

I was living in Spain last year so I know it can become a bit lonely at times when being a foreigner and not meeting that much people, so feel free to contact me for a drink or anything. I'm a 23 y.o student by the way and I have a pretty flexible schedule untill May.

Regards,

Elsa.

Hi Bleuberry,

Welcome to Paris. Hard to meet people n make friends at the beginning especially when you don't speak French.

Here we are trying to create an event every week with some local people n expats. follow the below link

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=223855&p=4

And also IN for a meetup with coffee or a walk during day time this week and next week as on vacation.

Hi g_kris

This sounds really cool. When is the next time you meet up?

@Elsa

That's really kind of you. Let's meet for a drink or coffee. Are evenings ok for, as I work in the afternoons.

@g_kris: how about joining us?

Normally we planned this week, but no one wants to take the lead as usual.. hehe.

Wait i will post the comment on the thread :)

you can join us on the evening blueberry ?

Sure, i will join you .. let me know place and time ?

Sorry, didn't really find out when the next meeting is taking place. If its this weekend it might be difficult as I have a visitor.

We haven't yet planned the meeting for this week. If we create something that will be usually on week days not on weekend in most cases.

from your side, did you plan the meeting ?

Not yet, but lets plan something for next week & those who want to join can, ok?
How about Tuesday evening?

Sure for tuesday.. as m on vacation next week too..

Even this week, i am trying to create an event here, would you like to join ?

Great for next Tuesday! 8 pm? You would have to choose where, because I don't know any good places yet.

When did you plan this weeks meeting? If you tell me when & where I'll try to join, but can't say for sure yet...

Ok, i will let you when and where for this week. This week, that would be before sunday. Waiting for others to confirm.

Do you check the message here very often ? sometimes we plan at last minute too ^^

Hello,

I just arrived from Brazil in Paris as well for business. I already know some nice restaurants in Paris. If you are interested to, please keep in touch

Cheers,

Rubens

Following a conversation with kris, I propose to meet next Thursday or Friday at 19:30 in front of the Abbesses station (in Montmartre, my favorite place!) and then we can go for a drink in a small bar ..

Who is available? preference between Thursday and Friday? I prefer Friday but if there are more people available on Thursday, why not!

Séverine
(I don't know where I have to post it to be sure it will be readen ;-)

Hi Séverine
I'm not quite sure if I'll be able to join. But please let me know when & where you will be meeting. Of course I would like to get to know your favourite place :-)