Au pairs in Paris?

Hello,

My name is Kristin and in september I'm going down to Paris to work as an au pair and it would be nice to meet some people. I will be living next to the arc de triomphe so it's pretty central. Country and gender doesn't matter, you don't have to be an au pair either, everyone is welcome.

I hope to hear from someone soon!

Kristin

Hello Kristin.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Hi Kristin,

I am also an au pair working just outside of Paris and I have just arrived here. I am also looking for friends as I don;t know anybody in Paris so would be great to meet up when you do arrive in Paris

Thanks

Charlie

Hey guys,
i am verena from germany and i will be arriving at paris (montmartre) at the beginning of september. I am also an au pair and would love to meet some nice people in paris, too. :)

Hi am Mary and i will also be moving to Paris in September to work as an au pair. I would love to have some people i could meet up with while there :)

Hey Kristin,

i'm Emily. im from England. i'm an au pair too and ive been here since yesterday.
it would be nice to meet up when you arrive over here if you're interested? i'm situated by the Eiffel tower. haha we both have famous sights :p

Hi everybody, i am an aupair in Paris from England and would also like to meet some other girls having the same experience as me, I didn't realise how lonely it could be! Ive been with the family a month but only in Paris for a week as we were on holiday first!

hey kayls,

its the same for me. im really missing everyone and i never get homesick normally. ive been here for a week too as i was on holiday in France with my family. are you enjoying your family?

I know! I thought I'd be really strong but it's really hit me hard being away from everybody at home!
Yes the family are lovely, the kids are a nightmare at times but really loving and cute, because of the summer holidays though I've had them for like 15 hours a day it's exhausting! What's your family like? Have you been in contact with any other au pairs here?
What part of England are you from?

that sounds great! omg yes kids can be a nightmare so true! haha. i am looking after just the one, a girl nearly 2. shes so sweet. the family are nice but the mums slightly odd :s
im from near brighton? its in the south east, near the sea :) where abouts are you from?
I havent been in contact with anyone else on here yet, i only joined a few minutes ago lol this website is great!
are you staying in Paris?

xx

I have 3 to put up with! 11, 9 amd 8 so it's hard work.
I'm from Liverpool, I visited brighton last summer I loved it! I haven't spoke to anybody else, been a member for a few months but didnt think I'd bother but it really would be good to meet some people here! Yeah at the moment were in st Maurice on the edge of Paris but we move to the 6th arr on the 20th of this month, can't wait to be central!xx

that sounds like a lot of work! oooh thats near me :) im in the 15th arr thats so exciting that you're moving! do you have to talk to the kids in english or french?
do you speak french?
yeah same, i really want to go out and explore Paris a bit more, its such an amazing place, but there's only so much you can enjoy on your own lol. i'd love to meet up with people :) have you visited the centre much? xx

Yeah I only speak English so I have to make them talk English as much as poss, they are good though which helps, really smart kids. Do you speak French?
No I have had no time to explore yet, I have Thursday Friday Saturday off this week though because they are going on a little holiday so I'm going to see some sights? I don't know where to start haha! My dad is coming for the day on Friday I am so excited to see a familiar face!
So if you want to meet up I'd be really up for that, it will be so good to speak to somebody English!
And if you want to private message that's fine I don't mind either! Xx

i speak some french but am here to improve. i speak english to the child because the parents would like her to be bilingual. i know alot of the sights if you would like me to show you around? i'm not sure what days i get off though :( i'm meant to have weekends off but as its my first week things are all over the place. i can help you with your sight seeing if you have any questions. but shall have to get back to you about my free time :( sorry. i would really love to meet up though.
thats great, im hoping ill get some visits too haha. hope you have a lovely time :)
yeah okay we can private message :) lol howlong are you over here? xx

Yeah that sounds good thank you, have you been to Paris before that's why you know a lot about here? Im here for a year but I think once I'm settled I'll fall in love with the city and never want to leave.
Well when you find out your day off or whatever then we can arrange to meet for a chat and a drink or something, I don't mind, just some new company would be great, living with the people you're working for is so intense!!xx

yeah :) well i was here for one week last month and another week in march and my mum and i did literally everything in that time. we crammed so much in, it was great fun!
im here for a year too. although im planning on going to uni over here too. debating which one though. what are u gonna do after your year?
that sounds like a great idea, i really need some different company too lol. i shall send u a message when i know :)
see you soon :) xx btw i really really recommend going up on the roof of the sacre coeur. u have to pay a small price, and theres a lot of stairs to climb but the view is incredible you can see the whole of Paris. u can just by standing at the sacre coeur too!

Ahh thanks for the recomendation, maybe I'll go with my dad tomorrow!
After my year I don't know what I'll do, I need advice haha!
Also, I stumbled upon this website that has meet ups for au pairs, there's one on the 19th August at 3pm, it's a Sunday I think. There's no location yet but I think it would be a really good way to meet people for us, I'll try and post the link here xx

meetup.com/Au-Pair-in-Paris/events/71489472/?a=mr1_grp&rv=mr1

heyyyy am coming to Paris soon and would love to maybe meet up. Are any of you on facebook? :)

Hey guys! I'm from London, and will be working as an au pair for a year in the 18th arrondissement, starting right at the end of august. Looking forward to meeting new people/discovering Paris etc. Feel free to contact :)

Hey guys. Im from Ireland and been working as an au pair for the past week here in Paris. I Will be here for another year at least. I don't know anyone here yet and i am looking forward to meeting new people. Feel free to contact me.

hey laura am from Ireland also and will be movin to paris at end of August. What part of Paris are in stayin in? Be great too meet up with ppl who have just moved to Paris also. Are any of u on fb? :)

Hello Everyone ! I'm a french people from Paris. I will be very pleased to meet any of you! If you want I can give a better description of me. Sorry for my english I'm sure I do a lot of mistake ! But I'm trying all my best !

Hey mary i just sent you private message ha ha just easier.

Hey guys! I'm from the U.S. and I'm also going to be au pairing near Paris starting September 1st! I'd love to meet up :)

Feel free to message me! :)

Hello girls,

Hope you are all alright
Im from Paris and i m looking for foreing people in order to pratice my english
If you are interested we can meet each other and i could show you some nice places in Paris to have some fun ;)

Rachida

Hello everyone, i hop you're all doing well in your families!
I'm from Germany and I will work as an aupair near Paris from september on. I'd love to meet up with some people in paris then :)
Michaela

Hi!
Just moved to Paris from New Zealand to be an au pair for a year.....Iknow absolutely no one here! Would love to make some friends and meet up with fellow au pairs. :)

Hi!
I'm Catherine and I'm from Salisbury
I'm going to be working as an au pair near Paris (near Versailles really) September- December so it would be really nice to meet some people while I'm out there!
Hopefully it will make the experience a little less scary too

Hey all i finally arrived in Paris and i am absolutely loving being here and especially loving seeing some sun instead of rain rain and more rain in Ireland. Anyone fancy meeting up i am living near the Seine am very centrel. Is anyone on facebook might make it easier my name is mary laverty if anyone wants to look me up and we can arrange to meet up soon and explore this cool city :)

Hello all.

Maybe you can plan an Expat.com (Au pair) meet up. What do you think? :)

Feel free to propose a date (2 or 3 weeks in advance), an hour and a place.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Mary, Nina and everyone else!

I just arrived in Paris today and like most of you don't know a single person here. I'm planning on being here for the next few months and would love to meet up if anyone's keen. It would be great to make some new friends to better enjoy the time as I'm already starting to miss my loved ones. Let me know if you're keen ;)

Cheers

Hey everyone!

I too have recently arrived near Paris and looking to meet people of all kinds. I'll be here for the next 6 months. Feel free to contact me! Also, Aurelie, I'm definitely up for an expat meet up. Let me know!

Christine

Hi kiwileee and everyone else yeahhhhhhhhhh i would love to meet up we need to organise something i am living in a very central area myself. DO ppl have french numbers?  i still am using my irish number so not sure if any of you can get through to me on it. Maybe add me on facebook so we can organise something, my name is mary laverty look me up and we can arrange a meet up :) anyone else struggling with the whole not speaking the language cause i am BIG TIME. Hope to hear from you :)

Hi Mary

I'm still using my NZ number as well. I can receive messages and phone calls though, so will PM you my number if you want to give it a try :)

Not struggling so much with the language  yet but have only just arrived so we'll see, but I think I'll struggle with the people and not knowing anyone here. But here's always hope!

Hi Kristin, I am not in Paris but I am in Versailles which is only 20 minutes away so I imagine I will visit Paris quite often. Are you interested in meeting up? My email address should be on my profile!

Hi everyone,

I'm in Paris for two weeks but I don't know anyone. I'm French but I would met people like English after spending six months in Toronto, Canada extraordinary I want to continue to use English.
Out, visiting Paris, swim, run, etc. ..
I speak english a little bit but if you want to learn french I will be happy to teach you.

Soon perhaps

Sarah

Hi girls!

I arrived on Saturday as an au pair to work here for the school year.  I am in the 17th arrondissement.  I seem to have quite a lot of free time and have basically spent all my days alone, so I am desperate to meet other au pairs now.  I don't use facebook so I am hoping this won't limit me as I think that is how the families previous au pairs met people!  If anyone wants to message, me I can send you back my mobile no. - email - skype etc.

Hope to hear! :) (I'm from Greater London btw)

Hello girls!

I am new here in Paris too. If anyone wants to have a coffee or a drink in the evening, I am here :)

Hey!
I will be moving to Paris in September too to work as an au pair. I would love to make some new friends:)