Want to meet some new friends in Paris!

Hi

I moved here six months ago and working currently in Paris. I really like it here and will be staying permanently. I'm in my late 20's and know basic french now. I'm still taking lessons to improve my french. Just decided to write this forum to see if anyone is interested in making new friends. Although I love Paris, it's starting to get lonely not having any friends here. If your interested in getting a drink or grabbing a bite just shoot a message to me and will plan something. If we can get a group we should all meet up somewhere.

Thanks everyone!
Cheers

Hey can u give advice where do u take french classes how much do u pay?
Thanks

Hi

I am new in Paris and looking for friends as well
Let me know if we can meet up sumwhere

I am from india

Hey my names Matt. What brings you to paris? Nice to hear back from someone on here.

I'm taking language lessons for french at campus langues by riquet metro station. Lessons are about 230 euro for a month which is 40 hrs/month.

Hi Matt, hi everyone.

I'm a similar story to you Matt. Happy to meet up for a drink, go to a show, whatever.

How about Friday night?

Josh

Hey man.

Ya fire Friday should work fine with me. Where abouts in Paris are you living?

Live near Oberkampf, and there's loads of bars around here. Where do you live? Could meet somewhere central, or I can suggest something around here.

Ya it doesn't matter to me. I know a few good places but your areas really good also. I'm live near St Denis. We can just pick a place closer to the time. Do you like shisha at all?

My man. Love the shisha.

St Denis - OK North of Paris. Wherever, we can meet in between if it's easier for you.

Awesome! The place is at chatelet metro. It's about a 5 min walk from the station. Did you want to meet there? After our sisha session We can grab some drinks at a place right next to it that's always busy and has great prices on beer/drinks.

That sounds good Matt. Let's meet at Chatelet. I'll personal message you my phone #.

And if anyone else on this message board is interested, personal message me and we'll loop you in.

Sounds good!

I'm up for drinks. Are you guys meeting again? I've moved to Paris since July from Singapore. Let me know thanks!

We just met up for drinks last weekend but we could do something in a few weekends. I'm busy this weekend but I have this Wednesday free and the any other weekend. Welcome to paris by the way!

Thanks! Actually, I'm busy this and next weekends . But I'm free this Wednesday . We could do something if you'd like.

Sounds good. I Just have school in my morning tell 13:00. Would it be ok to meet after that? We can go grab drinks or Cafe somewhere maybe.

Yes, that would be nice . I'm free anytime so just let me know what time is best for you. Have you been to La Rhumerie in saint Germain? We could go there

Hi

Just saw your message today
I stay in cite universitaire and I am a student of Fashion and luxury
it will be great to meet you guys over drinks , movie and to explore paris
I am learning French in my college so you can say I just understand few words.

let me know if we guys can meet up

Hi,Bonjour, This is Krishna, I am currently doing my 2nd year of BA , i am planning to come to France after my graduation, that is next to next year, as i learning French to improve my communication ,as i don`t have friends ,who speak french ,I like the French people`s attitude n their way of dressing .I like to settle and study further for my career, and start working.

France is a great country but I would try and learn french before coming here to work. It's extremely challenging to find work otherwise. If you know french and English you have a great advantage here. Where in france are you planning to move?

I wamt to settle in City like Paris or Lyon

I am
Coming for a week and I wish someone will give an advice on where to, will be staying at Du Louvre hotel ..... Love night clubs too

The Rex is a great club. It's one of the better ones in Paris.

Well paris is really nice and I haven't been to Lyon yet. Like I said at least get some basic french learned and you will be golden in business market if you know english as well. Best thing I would do to assure yourself is find a job before coming.

Hi Matt and every body,

It would be nice to meet and have a drink, or whatever.
What about meeting next weekend?

Salut!

Ya for sure. I'd be totally down. Sorry what's your name? We should try and get a good group of us to meet up. I know a few good places.

Let me know if someone is free to catch up on weekends or weekday evenings.
I Stay in Cite Universitaire

My name is Manu. Yes, that would be great!

Ok sounds good. We can decide on a time and place closer to the time.

Hey kevin

send us some details here, I might join you tomorrow evening

I can't do anything during the week but maybe Friday if everyone's ok with that?

Hi, I'm sofia and I would like to meet you also

Hi Sofa!

Well I think we're going to meet for Friday or Saturday sometime if that works for you? Haven't choose a place yet. I know a few good english/expat bars we could go to if everyone is ok with that?

yes ,
I am also free on friday and the weekend
plan up and do let me know

we can all catch up

Ok well I know I really good expat bar called the "wide open space". The staff is great and speak English for anyone that doesn't speak french yet. The place always has many expats and visitors to france that go there. If you don't like the bar or want to change there is many other expat bars in that general area. The closest rer station is Luxembourg and the clost metro est cluny la sorbonne. Let me know if that works for everyone. I might see if some english speaking people from my school might want to join as well.

yes
that will be cool.

I will PM you my number
stay in touch and keep us posted

Hello all!

Would be great if you could share some photos of the meet up here on the forum ;)

If you wish to call it Expat.com Meet up we can on our side invite a maximum of expatriates present in Paris presently.

All you need is create a new thread '' Expat.com Meet Up Paris 24th Oct'' give as much details in your post and send me the link, we shall do our best to invite as much people as possible :)

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hello everyone.

So is everyone still ok for meeting up tomorrow. I was going to say we can meet for 700 or 730 if that works for everyone. Let me know if your coming. If the time doesn't suit anyone's schedule then just let me know and we can change. The place is called "wide open space". I'll put the adress below for everyone.

184 rue Saint-Jacques
75005 Paris
France
Sorbonne/Panthéon, 5ème

Hi Matt

That's fine
I will see you tomorrow at 7
Please confirm how will I identify you.

I have sent a private message to you with my number
do revert