Right, it's decided: I'm going to move to Gibraltar

Hi, I'm new here, so thought it would be best to introduce myself. I'm Ruth, from Dublin and have recently decided to relocate (by myself) to Gibraltar.
I have zillions of questions but I'll save them for later. Right now Im just excited to have made my decision ( it was either Gib or London) and intend to move in approx 3-4 months.
Pleased to meet you all.
Ruth

Hi Ruth

Come over and enjoy yourself

hi Ruth. me and my brother are moving over at the beginning of June. the have you been there before? I will be glad to answer any questions you may have. (that I know the answer to)

I've never been there but my research on it has decided me. I highly doubt that I'll dislike the place. Is there a social security number system in Gibraltar? Do you need to apply for one on arrival?

The residence permit is from the Immigration Office in Joshua Hassan's House, just off Line Wall Road (NOT the Governor's Office).  The permit is actually granted by the royal gib police so presumably if you have a lengthy criminal record, you might find it difficult.

If they grant the permit, you can then get a local ID card which can be anything from six months to five years. This gives you the right to free bus travel smile, the right to a Gibraltar registered vehicle, and depending on your status, a Gib/EU health card.

I think you are confusing all these issues. You can live here without a residence card/permit.  The job issues only come into force regarding the issue of an ID card/permit.

this is what I have found out regarding I'd. however it might be better for you to visit the place that you intend on moving to.

Can ayone advise me on moving to Gibraltar? ? I lived there as a child as Dad was RAF! Do we need visas? Bank balance? Can I get DLA? IM registered disabled  here and recive the highest of everything, pleae help we despatly need to change

Hi vintagejules2013,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Please feel free to start a new topic on the Gibraltar Forum for better interaction :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hi all just thinking of moving to Gib any advice?

Hello garryv.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

The messages above might give you some tips or you may browse the other discussions on the Gibraltar Forum.

Thanks and good luck

Karen :)

Hi and thanks :)