Need to move to Gib

Hi all, me and the wife & 2kids need to move from the uk! It's cold boring and work is same old story every day! We are both extremely hard word working with approx 70grand capital! We need a job and rental home, any ideas??? Many thanks for replies
My wife is nvq3 in child care and I have worked for a family furnishing business for 13yrs fitting blinds, curtains, carpets and hard floors! We are dying to take our money out of the uk and start abroad, please any ideas???

Hi Gav,

good luck with the move, if you go ahead with it.

I live in the UK but am originally from Gibraltar.

Rent in Gibraltar is high, i can tell you that much.

If you do move to Gib, and your other half wants a job, it could be worth having a word with my sister Cori, as she owns an excellent nursery, which is run to UK standards.

RightStart Nursery
260 Main Sreet
Gibraltar

[email protected]
TEL: 00350 20064344

Regards,
George

Many Thanks for your reply George, wish it was easy to get out there! Why did you relocate from such a gorgeous place back to a dull, horrible, badly run country? Do you happen to know anybody with property out there for short or long term let? or even holiday let for when we go visit schools? Thanks again
Gav Baines

Hi Gav,

well cheesy as it sounds, the grass is always greener.

There are both positives and negatives with regards to living in Gibraltar, as with everywhere else.

Positives for me are the weather,close community,laid back attitude, most things are 5-10 minutes walk away,very low crime rate, excellent place to raise kids.

Negatives.....the place is tiny, there are too many people squeezed onto a tiny rock, which means there is no privacy, the weather....too much of a good thing can be bad too, the laid back attitude can be frustrating, the way official business can sometimes be manipulated by friends/family of friends and family almost with a hint of the mafia.

That starts to give yu an idea i guess.

I do know someone with several properties out there, and while i don't know if he has anything available at present, i can certainly make enquiries for you. How many bedrooms do you need?

George

Hi George, thanks again for your reply! We are fed up of people here knowing our business and trying to be involved, hense a move, BUT it wouldn't bother us in gib as it would be a new community?? I initially looked at southern France but not speaking much French put me off! I speak small Spanish and have visited the rock a few times and been put in hospital by a friendly bite off of a rock ape ;-) we would like two decent ish or three bed but most important outside space to enjoy each others company, sick of the bad weather and the thunder flies here!! Thanks again for your time, Gav