Abu Dhabi cost of living

Hi,

I am being offered a position with a management consulting firm ( big 4)in abu dhabi. The salary is 18400 AED per month + medical coverage + insurance + 75% reimbursement on school fees.
I am in indian and i would have my family living with me i.e wife and 5 year old son. IS the salary worth going for in abu dhabi? Please help me in deciding? Will i be able to make any savings? Will i be able to afford a car?

Thanks

Yes this is pretty decent package, and you can do well with your family and household expenses.  Car is not a big deal, getting a license is.  Work on that after you get your residence visa stamped.

Hi chackocj,

Welcome to Expat.com!

Please you can check out other threads on Cost of living in Abu Dhabi.

Best of luck,
Christine

Hey guys...thanks. Thanks MRJV. Can you please also help me with standrad rental costs in abu dhabi?
Thanks

Hi chackoj , its a very good offer , the main costs here are the accomodation and school fees , its great that ur company will reimburse 75% of school fee, as far as accomodation is concern u can search on abudhabi.dubizzle.com. you can get 1/ 2br accomodation ranging from 60-100k , Cars are actually cheaper than other parts of world at your package u will easily get the affordable EMI option , I will just suggest you to go for the normal sedan vehicle or a used one initialy.and go for 1b/r apartment near to your office your other expenses will not be more than 4000 aed so u can easily save 8-9000 if u control unnecessary expenses. and also dont forget to carry ur Indian driving license with you ..I hope this info will be useful for you ..