Looking for tennis partners in Khobar or Dammam

I've been in Saudi Arabia for three months now and am hoping start playing tennis again after a long layoff. A patient hitting partner or partners would be appreciated to help me get back in the groove. I used to be steady and competitive in both singles and doubles.

Ideally, I'd like to play three or four times a week at weekends or in the evenings.

I live in Khobar and work in Dammam. I've just learned that our company sports facility has courts but need to find out if bringing guests is allowed.

Also if anyone could offer recommendations on a tennis shop to get shoes, rackets and balls it would be much appreciated.

Hey there scottlo (again :P)

I do play tennis from time to time, not an expert at it thou!! Most of the time we go to Ittifaq Club and play tennis there.
Perhaps we can play sometime?

It shouldn't be a problem to get the sports gear, there is Sun and Sands shop in Dahran mall, you will find anything you want there. There are other smaller shops around Dammam and Khobar which will have the gear you are looking for.

Hope this helps :)

scottlo wrote:

I've been in Saudi Arabia for three months now and am hoping start playing tennis again after a long layoff. A patient hitting partner or partners would be appreciated to help me get back in the groove. I used to be steady and competitive in both singles and doubles.

Ideally, I'd like to play three or four times a week at weekends or in the evenings.

I live in Khobar and work in Dammam. I've just learned that our company sports facility has courts but need to find out if bringing guests is allowed.

Also if anyone could offer recommendations on a tennis shop to get shoes, rackets and balls it would be much appreciated.

Around 2 weeks back I was in the same situation as you. I dont play tennis but I had the opportunity to pick it up, but no partner. So I decided to join the Gym instead. King Fahad has three courts in their compound, if you know someone there, you can get a pass and play everyday.

johnkuriakose wrote:

Around 2 weeks back I was in the same situation as you. I dont play tennis but I had the opportunity to pick it up, but no partner. So I decided to join the Gym instead. King Fahad has three courts in their compound, if you know someone there, you can get a pass and play everyday.

Many thanks John. I don't have access to any compound courts at present. It turns out guests aren't allowed at the company courts. So, I think I'm going to investigate the Ittifaq club mentioned in an earlier response (thanks 3dnan).

The offer / request remains open if anyone wishes to play tennis.

hey.. i am interested... can u update me of any game soon?
NB i am not good player and have no equipment..

danielskaf wrote:

hey.. i am interested... can u update me of any game soon?
NB i am not good player and have no equipment..

Hi Daniel,

Welcome to Expat.com. I went to the shop that 3dnan recommended above and got some shoes and tennis balls. They've also got a nice selection of rackets.

He and I had a nice time hitting at the club he mentioned above as well. Shoot me a PM and we'll try to connect next time we get together.

BTW, I noticed you left a message on the Toastmasters thread as well. I went to last Monday's meeting with 3dnan in Damman and had a blast. I'm planning on going again this coming Monday. You're welcome to join.

are u still looking for partner for tennis??

Hi all,

IŽd like to play tennis soon. I just arrive this country and i am living in a flat with my co-workers, not in a compound. If someone wants to play ... i am here. I dont have equipement for the moment, but sure ill buy it if someone answer this. I used to play 3-4 times at week when i was in spain .. so i can play quite well.

Regards

Hi There,
I am new here in the kingdom and I am staying in Al Khafji, unfortunately there is no tennis court here in khafji, I used to play in Bahrain where I worked before and I know some players here in the kingdom play before in Bahrain. Now I am looking to play in khobar area but I dont know where and I am looking also for a partner in tennis.

Alberto

Hi there
I am also looking for a partner in tennis, but like you also new here.

hello there
can I join you guys?
Alberto

Hi Alberto

Im looking for a parthner too (long time, haha). I found a court in the sport city If you are interested, i will ask how to borrow it and the prices. The only problem is I dont have the raquet here (they are in my home in Spain). Before I thought to buy one here, but now the date to leave to Spain Is too close (I leave to spain next month and sure I will bring them with me).
Anyway, my email is [email protected] if you want to ask me something or just to made an appointment to play.  :)

Hi Pablo,

I just have to wait for you, and I will see also if I can find anyone in khobar, plan to go khobar this weekend.

Thanks,
Alberto

Hi again Alberto,

Well, today I was informed that my visa will be extended 1 mouth more, then now I have 2 months here before going to Spain. So, I will get a raquet and we can play. Anyway, could you give me your phone number or just call me to talk about this. My phone number is 0505558138.

Regards
Pablo

Pablo,
That's great, I give you a call when I get to khobar probably friday, but I dont know if the place is open during friday.

regards,
Alberto

Alberto,

I asked the prices for a court. Algosaibi Hotel is 50 SAR per hour. The sport city is 40SAR per hour .. here you can also suscript per 800SAR/year/person and you dont have to pay for the court (this is the best option if you are planning to stay in Khobar one year at least).

These prices are really hight ... what do you think? ... I didnt buy my raquet yet.

Pablo,
I think the price really is too high, something came out today that I have an overtime job this Saturday and I cancel my trip to Dammam, actually I am working overtime this whole week we have just to complete it in Saturday. Anyway I still hoping to find some friends so that we can find a tennis court that is much cheaper. I think inside aramco is free but you have to have a friend who is working inside aramco and you're like a guest.
I try to contact filipino tennis club in khobar and hoping to join them and find a way to play with them.

By the way did you find a store selling tennis racquet? They have wilson brand,, mine is old pro staff 6.0 and I got two.

Regards,
Alberto

hi Pablo,

this coming thursday there is a tournament that will be held at al gosaibi hotel starting 7:00 pm. they are filipino, you can go and watch if you like, but it is a chance to make friends there and may be you find a partner.

regards,
alberto

That is nice. If I can I will be there tomorrow. About the raquet store, there are a store in King Abdulaziz St ... only Wilson raquets and the guy doesnt have any idea about them, I believe in a mall also there are sport stores. Anyway, seen as it is really dificult to play with someone ... i will wait.

Hi looking for a tennis partner and venue in Khobar (preferably free indoor court near Dhahran Tower). I can play tennis well. Available Friday Saturday anytime and during the week from 7-8pm. If interested pls call me on ***. Cheers  :-) Adam

Hello , I have been in Al Khobar now it's been one month and looking also for a partner, if interested give me a message also available on Friday's and Saturday evenings

Hi Guys,

Actually I am looking for partner in khobar to play tennis,
I used to play tennis when  I was in Dubaï and Morocco
For interested guys please fell free to call me 055 811 1814
Merci

I am interested to play as well but i am not much of a player. I will be shifted in compound after 2/3 weeks. There is a free court inside compound. Then we can play

Hello I heard you looking for tennis partner
I'll be happy to play with you

Hello Suhaib Yassin :cheers:

For info this thread has been created in 2012 and has been inactive for several years.

You may not get any response here.

If you wish to reach out to other Tennis Players in Khobar, I invite you to drop an advert in the relevant section of the site :

> Sport partners in Khobar

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

Thank I'll be happy to join

Hi am vasu working and residing in dammam near prince mohamed street

I am also tennis player am looking for partner for me.Please whatsapp ** with your name

Moderated by Christine 7 years ago
Reason : please share your contact details via pm. Thank you

Hi Mr.scoot pls text me in whatsapp +**.I am also looking partner and dont have court to play.I have my own rocket and am also familiar in singles and doubles also

please reply to my mail **or text me

Moderated by Christine 7 years ago
Reason : please share your contact details via pm. Thank you

You may buy tennis equipments from Deltaz in rashid mall... play tennis in Dammam Youth Hostel (SAYHA), Al itifaq club or Al Nahda Club.

me too... if you need a tennis partner pls. call me xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

pls call me xxxx

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you

Hi Scott,
I'm a tennis player and have equipment.  Did you find some players?  No indoor courts sing here that I know of, so may want to wait a while, but let me know.
John

Hey guys
shouldnt there be a facebook group or something so we can post there and can play when we want and find partners easily??

Can we make one and call it like Khobar tennis or something
I am new in dammam/khobar and would like to play sometime

Thanks

Are you new to tennis or a class A player? Playmates should be the same category..

I also need someone to play tennis I really miss to play tennis been so long not holding a racket can somebody invite me to play thanks this is my number *** I'm from al khobar

Moderated by Diksha 3 years ago
Reason : For your own security, please exchange contact details only through private messaging. Thank you.

@ ding alcayde :

For info, this topic is quite old and no longer active.
If you are looking for sport partners, i would advise you to post an ad in the Khobar classifieds section.

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team

@scottlo Hello.I am looking for a tennis coach job.I am Portuguese living in Muscat, Oman.

@Pedro Delfino hi, are you currently coaching in Maskat?

Hello Pedro Delfino,

This is a discussion which has been inactive since 2020 in the  Saudi Arabia/Khobar forum.

If you wish to get in touch with members from Oman, please post in the Oman forum.

If you are seeking a job in Oman, kindly go to the Jobs in Oman section.

Best of luck

Djameel
Expat.com Team

@scottlo , am a beginner and looking for partner and a court to play. I have spare racket to share and few balls.

Where is the Court located.

Contact ***

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
Closed