UK/US couple thinking about moving to Gibraltar

Can anyone help us with a few questions we have?

We initially wanted to reside together in the UK but the tightening of the border agency rules on financial requirements and other issues has got us thinking our savings would be put to better use starting a new life somewhere in Europe.

As I understand it, my American wife would be able to join me here as I'm an EU citizen expressing my treaty rights to live with my spouse.  Is that correct?  Does anyone know if this is a difficult process?

Then after that we are concerned about the job market.  Is it easy to find seasonal tourism type work there?  I have a background in administration, retail and warehouse work and my wife has a background in PA, retail and waitressing.  My wife can also freelance write too.

We are not really looking for careers, we want a laid back lifestlye and just work to cover us enough so all our savings aren't eaten up, quickly.  Is this possible?

Thank you for reading this and any help is greatly appreciated.

Just in answer to your wife's residency question: Yes, she is able to join you but you have to go through whatever "formalities" the jurisdiction at issue has set up to administratively process her residence approval (e.g., her identity card, etc.). As far as what the specific formalities are for Gibraltar, I do not know. Perhaps someone from Gibraltar can provide specifics concerning the administrative process. Best of luck.

Cheers for the reply!  It's an exciting time for us now, but we've also just got to o a lot of research about the process as my wife is a non eea spouse and what state has the most painless process for us.