Expat Radio

Hello fellow expats. I do more reading here than posting. But I am a online radio consultant and I work for a company here that makes broadcasting software. And for a very long time I have always wondered if expats would listen to a talk show show format online radio? I can imagine talk show hosts taking live calls from expats discussing the same topics as we do on this great site. But I just wanted to throw this idea out to you all and ask you if this site added a online radio or if another site was created, would you tune in to listen? And do you think it is a good idea? Thanks for your comments in advance.

Cheers, Jim.

My Dear,
Just try to start working on Mauritian internet connection,then you'll have the answer directly.

Regards
Waell

LOL. That's the truth.

I actually think it's not a bad idea. I'd advertise on it.

I listen to Internet radio almost all the time, either at home or in my car. Both ADSL and 3G networks are good enough here to listen to Internet radios, so I tend to disagree with waell_e (although that must be true for some countries).

I am glad to announce that I launched Rock Mauritius Radio! The first and only rock music radio station in Mauritius. I will soon produce a expat show just for us. I already have a very large audience here and 9 other countries listening for the website, Face Book like page, phone/tablet apps, and Tune In. If any one would like to get involved with the expat show or advertise, please contact me. Also please give us a listen at rockmauritius.tk. From there you will find links to our Face Book page and etc. Thanks in advance!

Thanks Jim! :)

Congrats Jim !

Thanks Daisy and Julien! Please check out the radio's Face Book page and please like and share. You can even listen from the page too. Here is the link:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rock-Maur … 8693489085

I have been listening and can confirm the quality is very good, will be even better when some local shows are broadcasted.

Great work Jim.

Eric.

Thanks Jim - I already have -  and it is good! :)
Well done!

Good Luck Jim :)

Thank you Rosie.

Hi Jim, congrats for the efforts. Unfortunately I can not open the rock tk site???? and i do not want to go via facebook (so the stream works there) Do you have an alternative link?

would also be interested to advertise on your site soon.

Thumbs up and keep it running

aquawatch

aquawatch

Try either of these...

TuneIn

Rock Mauritius Radio

Regards

Eric

Moin Eric, works fine:cool: Thanks for help.
There nothing but rock on the station? any actualities about MRU, advertisements or similar? HANO  aquawatch

Your Welcome aquawatch

I believe there is more to come, I'm sure Jim can shed more light on the plans.

Regards

Eric

Hello Aquawatch, So far more than 5 sponsors will have their adverts on our site, radio apps, and our Face Book like page. Their commercials are being produced and will air shortly. So be on the look out for soccer.mu, Stirling Music Shops, Wohooo Networks, Allan Tatoos, and some well known businesses commercials being aired as they are produced. For the first sponsors to join us, they will be locked in at only Rs. 1,000 flat rate for the first three months and no contracts to sign. And to sweeten the deal, all first sponsors will receive free web site hosting from Wohooo Networks. Every week our listeners increase five times more and two times more from other countries. And more and more radio apps are downloaded every day. We are working deals for a local news paper to submit the top stories at the top of every hour. We are putting together a expat show, local music shows, youth political talk shows, local sports shows, and more. So at the moment we are only broadcasting American syndicated shows. But as the local shows are produced, they will slowly replace the syndicated shows and will be regularly scheduled.
If you are interested in advertising, please write to [email protected]. Your commercials will be heard at least twice an hour, 24/7. You are always free to update your commercials with the latest sales or messages with out any extra charges. And you also can request a live broadcast from your business or event for promotions. Live broadcasts rates are negotiable. We will host live concerts and events in the future and our sponsors are welcome to display banners and etc. at these events with no charge. So if you have any more questions or concerns, please contact me.