Bored much!

i an only three weeks here in q8 n the social aspect of it is a rude shock! somebody please tell me its not always like this!!!!

Its not a surprise if you were staying indoors.... you have to get out and meet new people...there aren't many places you could hang out like the west. I faced the same problem when I landed here a few months back. But the people here are very interesting...even if you just meet for coffee with someone you meet online, it would turn out to be a great evening... and am sure there are lot of activities happening around the country... there are quite a few of them happening right in this forum... good luck in finding some for yourself....

hi laze

it will change dear

@ Jebez thanx i havent been out much since am still not familiar with this place but hopefully when i do, al get out more often

@ honeybee i hop so!

No it will not , welcome to Kuwait

Auuch! Zoos thats brutal bt thanx for ur honesty tho.

@You have to give it a chance, I mean you've only just arrived! :|

Its also the holy month of Ramadan, a time of the year where things are quiet. Although, I'm based in Bahrain, this month is especially quiet. Its also the summer months where alot of people go travelling on holiday this time of the year.. :/

Hang in there - The best way to beat boredom is to keep your mind occupied. Find things to do and you will win.. ;)

Hey Lace,

It's been a week for me in Kuwait, from Canada. I realized the mannerism isn't the same at all. It's a different country different ethics.

I thoroughly recommend attaining a hobby "water sports" or something completely out of your character. Heck your i'n a new place might as well stray away from the "norm"

Believe me this is a pep talk for me as much as anything :p

Good luck and have fun.

Jah Bless.

Lace,

welcome to Kuwait, and to Expat.com. for fun and outings, u get out what u put in. some people have given up trying to find fun and were dragged into the monotony of routine, work, home, home, work etc. u can choose to let that happen to u, or u can do something about it.

two tips off the bat:

1) subscribe to EEk! magazine (www.abcq8.com)
2) go to meetup.com and find the expat group there

join their meetings and enjoy urself.

kuwait is not a country where u go out without planning, find a group of strangers and mingle with them. u build a foundation online, meet people in a group setting and enjoy yourself.

hope that answers your Qs, for more info, glance along to my blog ;)

@zoos - Robin Hood, great movie!

mon ami its lambs not lamps! in ur profile.